025

August 7, 1989

Life has been going pretty well. It's been over a year since we got our record deal, but sadly in a few month it'll beover. We got to go on a small tour performing with numerous bands. It was absolutely amazing.

We built a large fan base and even got to be featured on a radio station. We partied a lot and when I mean a lot I mean A LOT. The partying and stuff slowly came to an end, And during our final show something life changing happened.

-Flashback-

"y/n are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be!"

I run out onto the stage while my name is announced and the crowd erupts into a loud roar. We start playing our set. I keep jumping around, making jokes in between songs like always, And interacting with the crowd as much as possible.

By the end of the set the crowd is begging for more, But the adrenaline rush slowly wears down and sends me straight to a couch backstage. The nice lady working backstage hands me a cold water. "So did you have fun?" "Yeah!" I say in between breaths.

Krist, Chad and Kurt walk up to me and collapse on the couch like I had done before. "That girl was totally into you Chad." Krist told him. "You think?" "Nah, I don't think man I know. She couldn't keep her eyes off you!" Kurt then joined the conversation and when they start to talk of course Krist and Kurt are always respectful but sometimes Chad likes to let his mind wander, And makes it everyone's business.

I get up off the couch and walk over to the bar in the front.

A group of people form around me with people trying to get me to sign things, which I do all time. The group slowly starts to settle down and I got another cold glass of water. As I'm chugging that one down Kurt comes next to me and motions for me to follow him.

I get up and follow him to a booth where Krist and a Mystery man were sitting. I sit down next to krist in the booth and kurt pushes in right next to me. "So Y/n this is Buzz!" "Nice to meet you!" I stuck out my hand and he shook it firmly. "Buzz here thinks he knows a guy who would be interested in drumming for us." Krist explains.

"You guys are getting rid of Chad?" "Well I mean it's a group decision. That's why we're together but you see he's always distracted and never takes anything seriously." Kurt rolls his eyes. "Besides behavior his drumming just isn't working with what we do." Krist says adding on to what Kurt had said.

I stay silent and just let the conversation unfold. "Well y/n what do you think of Chad, Personality wise and drumming wise?" I clear my throat. "Well I think he's a really nice guy. He's never been mean to me or made me annoyed or anything.

He's always bringing a positive energy around, but he likes doing his own thing which can lead to the occasional not so positive energy. Drumming wise he needs a little work. Though I don't think I'm one to talk."

I started to drink the water that was in front of me to calm my nerves. The three stayed talking again but I continued to blocked out what they were saying.

The conversation was boring if I'm being honest. I wouldn't mind if Chad stayed, But I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left. "Well I think this guys gonna be perfect. He's coming down to Seattle in a few weeks." Buzz took a sip of his drink and started up again.

"His name is Dave Grohl."