035

December 10, 1991

Another hole concert I did not want to be invited to. I won't lie they're not bad at all. That's just until Courtney opens her mouth.

We've been waiting for about an hour, watching all the other acts go. Krist and Dave just laughed at my annoyance. They know Courtney didn't like me and that I didn't like her.

"And now introducing a special little band...Hole!" The announcer yells. The band members come rushing onto the stage, And take their places.

1...2...1,2,3,4!

The band starts to play. This song has a long instrumental part to it at the beginning. Pretty good save before Courtney opens her mouth and my ears feel like they're bleeding.

Courtney rolls around the stage screaming and straining her voice. The first song goes on, Then the next and the next. I'm really just waiting for this to be over.

"Y/n, Dave. Wanna drink?" I look him dead in the face. "Please." I say in a tired tone. The three of us walk over to the bar and sit. "So they're pretty good. Right N/n?" Dave's voice laced with sarcasm.

"Yes, Extremely. My new favorites." I deadpan. Cheering starts and it seems the show is over. "Thank god." Krist sighs. We all get up and decide to search around for Kurt.

"There's no way he's here we searched everywhere." Dave and I sigh. "Yeah maybe you're right-" Krists face dropped completely. Dave and I followed his gaze. My heart feels as if it's breaking.

Kurt is in the corner with Courtney down on one knee. A ring box in hand. The three of us look at each other in confusion. "Yes, yes!" We hear Courtney exclaim.

"No way." I hear dave whisper. "I don't know what I'm looking at." Krist mutters. "This can't be happening..." I say. Kurt stands up and both him and Courtney hug. Kurt turns around and spots us. Courtney grabs his hand and begins to walk towards us.

"Well did you guys see?" Courtney asks. We all stay silent. "Kurt proposed, We're engaged!" I look over at Krist whose face holds a concerned and disappointed expression and Dave's whose face is painted with confusion and disgust. "Well aren't you guys excited?" Kurt asks.

"Yeah." We all say quietly. "This isn't a joke right?" I say. I swear if this is a joke it isn't funny. "No. Why would it be a joke." Courtney says annoyed. My stomach turns and my heart speeds up. I think I'm going to throw up and have a heart attack at the same time.

My hand slaps over my mouth and my other holds my stomach. "Well congrats...Would you excuse me." I say quickly and run through the crowd disappearing into the bathroom. I get into the biggest stall and lock the door.

I don't feel like I'm going to throw up anymore. I just feel like my hearts going to stop beating. I mean how could he do this. Courtney isn't a good person why can't he see that? She's mean, And supports his drug use.

She's the one that always has some illegal crap around. He clearly got worse because of her. Why her? Maybe if I told him how I felt maybe things would be different. I wipe the tears off my face and try to steady my breathing.

"Y/n?" It's Krist and Dave. "You know this is the women's bathroom right?" I laugh a little. "Well we are ladies!" Krist says in a girly voice. I laugh and unlock the stall door. They both walk in and lock the door behind them.

"Are you okay?" Krist asks me. "Does it look like I'm okay?" "Well it looks like you're upset." "Yeah, no shit Sherlock." I say with a straight face but letting out a little laugh. Krist and Dave look as if they don't know what to say.

They don't know what to say to a girl who's sitting on the floor of a clubs bathroom, Crying because her best friend who they secretly have a strong feeling is in love with her, Got engaged to a ugly bitch who's influencing more of his drug use and there's nothing she can do about it because she can't say what she wants to say without being scared that he will stop being friends with her.

They both pull her into a hug.

For some reason this took both Krist and Dave by surprise. Krist has known Kurt longer than Dave of course. He always thought that Kurt liked Y/n. One time when they were drinking he could swear Kurt even admitted it, But they were both shit faced so he doesn't know for sure.

And even though Dave hasn't known him for as long as Krist, During that time living with Kurt he really thought there was something between Kurt and Y/n. The way he would look at her, Talk to her and about her was so full of love.

If Y/n wasn't in denial maybe she would accept the fact she has feelings for Kurt, And If Kurt wasn't in denial maybe he would accept the fact he has feelings for Y/n.