024

December 14, 1987

"Y/N!!" I hear voices yell from outside my window. I walk over and look down to see Krist, Kurt, And chad. "COME DOWNSTAIRS! HURRY!"

I lazily throw my shoes on and a sweater laughing at them and their stupidity.
I open the front door. "How may I help you?" I say in a sarcastic tone. "WE GOT A RECORD DEAL!" They shout out.

'HOLY SHIT!'. "WHAT?" I exclaimed. "WE GOT A DEAL Y/N!! Chad exclaims. "HOW? WHEN?" I question. "WHEN WE HAD OUR LAST SHOW SOME GUYS IN THE AUDIENCE THOUGHT WE WERE GOOD AND GAVE KURT THEIR CARD. SO YESTERDAY KURT CALLED AND THEY TALKED STUFF OUT. SO WE'RE HERE NOW; TO GET YOU SO WE CAN GO TO MEET THESE GUYS AND SIGN A DEAL!!" Krist says.

"HOLY SHIT!! OKAY UHH FOLLOW ME!" I run back into the house and straight into my room to change. "Okay I'm done!" "Alright let's get this show on the road!" Kurt says, while motioning to exit out the door. We get into Krists car and drive to who knows where. The ride was filled with excitement and anxiety.

Everyone was nervous, But I think Chad and I weren't as scared as krist and kurt. We pull into a parking garage. It's very dimly lit, but I can still see the sign that says 'Sub pop records-floor 2'. We all get out of the car and walk into the elevator. I look straight ahead at the doors, And slowly began to feel slightly more nervous.

The doors open and we walked into an office. My heart is beating so fast I think it might explode. Me, kurt, Krist, And Chad. We were there to sign a record deal for our debut album, "Bleach," and I couldn't believe it was really happening.

The office was small and cramped, and there were posters of bands I'd never heard of hanging on the walls. A woman with short hair and thick glasses greeted us and led us to a conference room.

We sat down at a long table, and I noticed the two men who were sitting across from us eyeing me strangely. They looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place them.

"So, you're the band that Jonathan's been talking about," one of them said, a hint of skepticism in his voice.

"That's us," Kurt replied, smiling confidently.

The men introduced themselves as Bruce Pavitt and Jonathan Poneman, the co-founders of Sub Pop Records. They asked us about our music and our influences, and we talked about our love for punk rock and underground music. As we were talking, I noticed the men glancing at me every now and then.

It was starting to make me feel uncomfortable, like they knew something about me that I didn't. Suddenly, one of the men spoke up. "Hey, do you have any relation to a guy named D/n L/N?" he asked.

I froze. D/n L/N. My dad? I hadn't heard from him in a while. I look at Kurt from the corner of my eye only to see him already looking at me with a confused and questioning look. "Uh, yeah" I gulp.  "That's my dad," I replied, my heart sinking.

The men exchanged a knowing look, and I could tell they were trying to decide whether to bring up something they knew about my father. But before they could say anything, Jonathan cleared his throat. "Let's get down to business, shall we?" he said, cutting off the awkward moment.

The boys start talking to Jonathan While Bruce starts talking to me. "So Ms. L/n..." "Please, call me Y/n." So Y/n here it says you are the rhythmic guitarist, yet on songs with solos or main licks in them it seems you play lead, how does that work?"

"Well one day we were practicing a song and to get this sort of muddy sound me and Kurt played the same main riff together, and to keep the deep sound that was helping Kurts playing sound more full, He just gave me the solo." I shrug.

"He just gave it to you? You know I've seen the way he acts and he doesn't seem like the kind of person to just give away the solo. He's almost like a perfectionist when it comes to his music right?" "Well when you put it that way I guess you're right." I chuckle.

"I really couldn't tell you why he gave me all the solos after that, He's a great player and when he plays them it's so full of passion, But he says the same thing about my playing though I don't think so." "Well, it seems he respects you very much." I smile at his comment and start to fiddle with my fingers.

"Y/n when I was younger me and my friends would play together, we would rock out to Led Zeppelin and what ever else was the rage at the time." "Well I think Led Zepplin is great!" "So do I, But what I'm trying to say is me and my friends wished we could become more , we wish we could have been the next Led Zeppelin."

He paused for a second and then continued." We tried so hard to become the next big thing but we were so far off. You guys are right on track, you know what the younger population wants because you are the younger population! I used to be playing with kids three years younger than me and adults three years older. No one was ever good enough... besides this one girl.

Her name was Doloresse. Not such a rocker name but a name none the less. She was great at the guitar, But it seemed all my friends just laughed at her because she was a girl. She could have been a big things all by herself is she wasn't dragged down by those shit heads.

When you started talking about how Kurt gave you the solos, It made me remember all that I wanted to give to her, How she was just like you bright and full of passion."

He nods his head and looks me in the eyes. "You will do just great things for the people of music."

"Well... I think we got ourselves a deal." Me and the boys look at each other with complete excitement. "All you have to do is sign you're names and you're done. First Kurt went and then Krist, Chad followed after and lastly me.

The pen felt like it was going to slip out of my hands I can't believe this was happening. I put the tip of the pen to the paper and wrote my name. We signed the contract for our album.

HOLY SHIT WE JUST SIGNED THE CONTRACT FOR OUR ALBUM!

We thanked Bruce and Jonathan and leave the office, the four of us start cheering and celebrating right as we leave the room. We're going to be rockstars! I feel like I'm on top of the world.

As we walked out into the parking garage, I turn to the boys and smiled. "Can you believe it? We're going to be famous!" Chad says. I throw my arms in the air and spin around, Trying to process what just happened. "Yeah we are!!" Krist and Chad say.

We got into krist car and got something to eat at the drive through while talking about our new deal. Finally Krist was at my stop. I get out the car and walk around to the side walk. "Well thanks for the ride Krist!" "It was my pleasure!" He says in a overly dramatic tone.

"Hey uh krist I'm gonna get out here too." Kurt says and gets out to stand next to me. "Well see you guys tomorrow?" "Yeah, see you tomorrow." "Bye Krist, Bye Chad!" Me and kurt say as they drive off.

I turn my body to face him and start jumping around and smiling my face off. "I can't believe we did it kurt!" I knew it, I knew you would have this one day!" "I couldn't have done it without you Y/n." He pulls me in for a hug, as we sway along to the Rythm of the breeze without caring who's watching or what we're doing.

I couldn't have done any of this without him, And this seems to only be the beginning of a long story.