038

February 19, 1992
(Sorry for any grammatical errors I will fix them later. <3)

The alarm clock beeped and I groaned, rubbing my face and turning it off. I begin to wake up noticing Dave beside me clearly still sleeping. We decided to have a sleep over so we would both make sure the other would get to the airport on time, though by the looks of it that wasn't going to happen as he still wasn't moving.

"Dave wake the fuck up." I mumble. He slowly yawns and stretches, before getting out of bed. I drag myself out of bed and pour myself some orange juice."Should I try Krist again?" I say to Dave, from the Kitchen while he's in the bathroom.

"We both know he won't answer..." He replied in a sorrowful tone. I hang the phone back up. We finished getting dressed and quickly doing whatever our routines are. "Okay let's go!" Dave said, trying to bring the energy up.

Dave called a taxi to pick us up and to take us to the airport. The whole ride I looked out of the window with the wedding and Krist on my mind. I took glances at Dave every once in a while realizing he was probably thinking of the same thing.

"Thank you." We say to her driver as he lets us out. "Shit." I hear Dave mumble. "Y/n!" "Dave!" I hear voices grow louder. Hoards of people with cameras rush up to us. Dave quickly grabs my hand as we push through the forming crowd.

We continue to walk through the airport and go through security. We find out terminal, and as if it was perfect timing they let us board. "I call window seat!" I say to Dave. "Aw man...I really wanted the window seat." He say in a sunken tone.

"Wait really?" I question, not being able to tell if he's serious or not. "No I'm just kidding! Better you sit there so if the window comes off You'll get sucked out into space not me. "He says in a sassy tone rolling his eyes.

"Wow dave!" I roll my eyes and jab him in his side, as we sit into our row. The Stewardess give safety instructions, and before we knew it we were off. It was honestly something I loved and hated, flying.

The way the plane tilted side to side, the turbulence that made it feel as if it would fall out of the sky. My mind began to wander about how much I loved but hated flying, though it was all to distract my mind from Krist and Kurt.

I understand Krist, I really do. I mean we all kinda feel the same way about the situation but, Kurt has been my friends for years. I knew him when he only smoked, not all this other stuff he does. I just wish Krist would have come.

Krist is so understanding why can't he just understand now? And Kurt? I don't know what to say about that. When they got engaged my heart broke. I liked him since I met him, since I first laid eyes on him at claras, even before that there was something there that I would never admit. But now I'll admit it. I love him.

But it's too late for me, he's happy. And If this all means he really happy than Im happy. Or at least I'll pretend to be for him.

The rest of the ride Consisted of Dave and I, talking about random things and sleeping.

Along with the occasional talk of Krist, but it always simmered down quickly, as it was still a sore topic. The plane landed and we picked up Our bags from luggage claim.

"Well let's have fun shall we?" Dave said, towards our gloomy expressions. "Yeah." Is all I mumble out.

We drag our luggage out the airport and into the trunk of a cab.

Really...How was I supposed to have fun when my best friend who I have strange feelings for or getting married to a crappy girl.

How am I supposed to have fun when it's just me and Dave, not that Dave's bad but it's not the full group.

I miss Krist and I wish he came, But I understand why he didn't come and if I'm being honest with you If I had the balls to do that I would, But also If anything I'm one of the only people who shouldn't do that.

Kurt has been by my side through everything this is really the least I could do, even if it hurts me to do.

"Thank you!" Dave and I say to the driver as we take our luggage out. We're at the hotel, it's quite nice. The moon is shining and the breeze is soft.

There's nothing to complain about. That's the energy I'll keep towards this whole situation.

"Hi." I say as we walk up to the check in desk at the hotel. "reservation name?" The man says with a warm expression.

"Cobain." I say. "Okay thank you." The man himself to himself and runs his finger over pages of a book and your names?" "Y/n and his is Dave."

The man looks back at the book again, and smiles while handing us our keycards. "You're all set!" "Thank you.." Dave and I say.

While in the elevator to our rooms we didn't say much. It was as if the air was heavy. There's nothing to say when you've already talked about it a hundred times.

"Night dave." "Night Y/n." We exchanged quick hugs before I went in my room and Dave walked a little down the hall into his.

I pushed my luggage over to the side of the bed and plopped down on it, while staring at the central.

I haven't talked to Kurt since the night of Dave's party. It's a very very long time, But he's never reached out to call me and I've taken it as a sign to do the same.

I would make the first move but there's this awkward tension with Courtney around and maybe he feels it too.

After minutes of silence, I sit up and run out of my room into the vending machine in the hall. I put in some change and a tiny lava cake comes out.

Luckily for me the guy at the front desk wrote Kurt's room number down on both dave and my cards.

I went up a flight and down a hall. 'Room 513'.
My hand hovers over the door. I should be doing this. It's midnight and I'm at his door. I haven't talked to him in almost a month.

Involuntarily my hands bangs down on the door. And I can't back out now. I hear soft shuffling on the other side and the door opens wide revealing Kurt, Hair a mess and shirtless.

"Hi..." I say quietly, avoiding eye contact. "Hi n/n." He says in the same tone. He so glad for me to come in and so I do.

Is room is big, and he has a nice view. He walks and sits on the edge of his bed and pats the spot next to him.

We sit in awkward silence, Until I grab his hand and look at the watch on his wrist. '12:01'.

I softly smile to myself and then at him. "Happy birthday Cobain." I say in a soft voice again. It was as if I was scared to be loud. Scared I was going to scare him off and he wouldn't talk to me for a month like he did before.

He looked at me and smiled. I pulled out the lava cake from behind my back and laughed. "Dining hall was closed, that's the best you'll get at midnight." I laughed, he did too.

"Thank you N/n." He said and engulfed me in a hug. His chest flush with mine and his arms on my back rubbing small circles into my skin.

My face instantly heated up, but I pushed those feelings aside and we pulled away. Kurt opened the cake in the plastic pouch. "Want some?" He offers.

"Is that even a question?" I sarcastically roll my eyes and we share the treat together in silence. Even when we're done we sit together in silence but it's not awkward anymore.

"Kurt." "Y/n."

We both go to speak at the same time but Courtney barges into the room. The silence is no longer comforting. Now there's a new found tension in the air.

Courtney just stares at us as we stare back and so not to cause a scene I quickly get up and walk to the door. As I go to step out and leave I turn around. "Again happy birthday Kurt, thanks for being my best friend. You don't know how much it means to me."

In four days Kurt's going to be married. He's happy and so that means I have to let him go. He's only a friend and that's all he'll ever be right?