019

March 2, 1987

'clink'

'clink'

what the hell?

'clink'

'clink'

I roll out of bed and run a hand through my bed head. I look over at the clock. It's 3:00 am.

'clink'

I look over at my window, following the tapping sound. I open the curtains and see...Kurt?

I open the window. "Kurt?" I help him up through the window. "Hey!" "Hi." I say in a groggy voice. "Soooo... I have a question."  I lay back down on my bed.

"Yeah?" "Tomorrow, will you come to band practice? We need an extra person." "Uh yeah sure." Im so tired. "Great, see you tomorrow!" I feel something warm press against my head and the sound of my bedroom door opening and closing before I Fall into a deep sleep.

Who is calling me this early? I lazily slam my hand down on the phone next to my bed. "Hello?" "Y/n where are you its 2:00?" "oh guess I must have slept in late?" "Yeah so where are you?" "In my bed?"

"So you forget about practice?" "Practice what pra-" a loud silence comes over us both. "Shit. I'll be there in 10." I hang up and run over to put on some clothes.

I grab my bike and grab guitar before I ride over to Krists. I feel kinda stupid sometimes for still riding my bike but it's whatever. I like the feeling of the cool air blowing through my hair. I'll have to get a car soon.

The reason being a natural occurrence and my enemy when it comes to being on my bike. Rain. "Shit!" Rain pours down on me while I pedal as fast as I can. I don't mind the rain in fact I love the rain, But I couldn't help but feel annoyed now that I was in a rush.

I pull into the front of Krists place and ring the bell. I hear yelling inside before the door is opened. "Hey!" "Hi!" I say. "Dude you're all wet!" Chad says while laughing.

I walk into the house and stand near the door hoping to dry off a little bit. "Here." Chad hands me a T-shirt which I pull over myself and remove the wet shirt underneath.

"Hey n/n!" Krist says. "Hey tall guy!" Krist laughs and pulls me into a side hug and quickly messes up my hair. "Hey y/n!" I turn around. "Hey Shelli!"

I hear footsteps behind me but I don't look at who it is. "I don't know how you're gonna put up with these three." "I don't know how I'm gonna do it either." We both laugh and Shelli walks out the door.

You know it's pretty easy dealing with them. Well kinda. Krist is shy and funny, Chad is sort of dry and sarcastic, and Kurt...well kurt I've know for a while so I'm used to him.

"Hey bean!" "Hey Kurt!" "You know for someone who overslept you sure got here quick..." "What do you think I purposely tried to skip whatever this is?" "Maybe?" He replies shrugging his shoulders.

Krist starts talking about something but all I can focus on is Kurts strong gaze on me. "ALRIGHT SHIT HEADS LETS START THIS SHIT." Chad yells. We walk to the basement and kurt sets up my things for me.

"So now that I'm here would you like to explain why I'm here?" "Oh, you see my looper and distortion pedal broke so we need someone to play the other parts." "Kurt..." I say in a cold tone. The room falls silent.

"YOU MADE ME WAKE UP OUT OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SLEEP I THINK I MAY HAVE EVER HAD JUST TO MAKE ME COME HERE BECAUSE YOU NEED ANOTHER GUITARIST ALL BECAUSE YOUR PEDAL BROKE?"

"Yeah." He said in a dry tone. I sigh and lean my head back letting out a groan. "Okay well let's just do whatever it is you guys need to do because I'm really tired." Krist and Kurt explained what I would be doing.

"Okay you guys ready?" Chad says. "Yeah." We reply in unison. Chad counts us off and we start to play. We shockingly sound pretty good. It's not that I don't think they sound good in general they're truly amazing, it's just the fact they explained whatever I had to do in about five minutes and it sounds good. I'm starting to believe that Im not actually playing, and maybe my guitar isn't plugged in or something.

We do three more songs and stop for the day. "Well Y/n you did amazing!" Krist and Chad say. "Yeah n/n you did so good you're playing a gig with us next week." His voice is sort of annoyed

"WHAT?" "Well we think you should do it with us, We need you." Krist says with a hint of hope in his voice. I think about it for a second. "Fine I'll do it, but I'm only doing it because your stupid pedals are broken." "Okie." Krist and Chad go upstairs while me and kurt are left alone.

"Kurt I was only saying yes because Krist and Chad were here. If you don't want me to do it I won't." "Huh?" "You seemed pretty annoyed before, And you seem pretty annoyed right now."

"I'm not annoyed..." I look in his eyes and give him a look. "Why are you wearing chads shirt?" "Oh when I came in my shirt was wet so he gave me this one." "Why didn't you just ask me for one of mine?" "You weren't in the room." He hums and walks away. Was he angry just because I was wearing chads shirt? Why did it even matter so much?