1.0

Brooklyn, New York City, 2005

A seemingly young girl could be seen lounging about on a sofa, talking on the phone.

    "That is not my fault, you should know Cass is more experienced," Aurora started only to be interrupted by another call, "I'm going to have to call you back."

She hung up their call only to answer the other call. Her adoptive sister, Rosalie Hale, answered with furious footsteps on the other end.

"What's up, Rosie Posey?" Aurora asked, noting the angry noises coming from the other end of the phone.

"Edward told a human about us!" Rosalie ranted into the phone, "He's going to get us killed."

Aurora just sighed as she listened to Rosalie growl about him inviting the girl over.

"I can be there in a couple of hours," Aurora said into the phone, laughing when she heard Emmett cheer in the background.

"Are you sure? I could handle this quickly." Rosalie asked the girl not wanting to ruin her vacation over a matter such as this.

"Of course," She laughed into the speaker, "I was starting to get bored anyway, Nik left yesterday."

The girl just smiled as she heard the faint voices of her chosen family in the background.

    "Where did he run off to?" Aurora asked curiously, "It's the middle of the night, is he hunting?"

    "He's off watching Bella sleep again." Emmett suddenly cut in, his voice close to the phone, filled with amusement.

    "I'm sorry, what?" Aurora asked, disturbed by her brother's supposed behavior.

"Never mind Edward, we'll see you soon, Aurora," Rosalie said before hanging up.

The woman had taken a moment staring unblinkingly at the wall, she had wondered if she had heard that last bit right.

When she arrived, she could tell that Edward was still gone. She could also smell the odd smell of human food.

"Honey, I'm home." She jokingly chimed out as she walked through the door, running towards the kitchen, hearing noise from it.

    "You're late to the party." She heard Emmett call out.

    "Only by a few hours, I had to make a stop." She shrugged while walking through the door frame.