2.8

"Alice! What are you doing here?" Aurora asked as soon as she was in front of the pixie-like girl

    "I stopped seeing your future, what the hell?" Alice huffs at her before pulling her into a bone-crushing hug, "I've missed you.

    "Bella.." Alice suddenly said with a sad look only to be interrupted by the sound of Bella's truck.

    "Holy crap--!" Jacob begins, "There's a bloodsucker out there!"

    "Yeah, Aurora," Bella tells him.

    "Not that one," He grumbles out, "I can smell the stink. I'm getting you out of here."

    "Stop! It's not Victoria--" Bella shouts, most likely seeing Carlisle's black Mercedes.

    "Forget it--"

    "It's Carlisle's car! They're here," Bella pleads as Jacob drives away, "Go back!"

    "It's a trick-" He tries on to be pushed aside by the sound of a door opening causing him to slam on the brakes.

    "Damn it, Bella--" Jacob growls as she climbs out.

    Bella hurried footsteps could be heard as she races up the road toward her house.

    "Stop. You gotta come with me." He demands.      

    "It's okay. They're my friends-" She tries to reassure the boy.

    "Don't you get it? If another Cullen is back here, this is their territory. The Treaty says we can only defend our own lands." He pleads.

    "..It's not a war." She tells him firmly.

    "It is." He argues, "And you'll only be safe in La Push. I can't protect you here anymore."

    "I don't need you to --" Bella argues back.

    "You're about to cross a line." He warns.

    "Only if you draw one." She informs.     

    She starts to move, but he stops her.                

     "I'm not letting you do this." He growls.    

    "You don't have a choice." She denies, "I don't belong to you."

    After a few seconds he sighs, "Bye, Bella, I hope you don't die."

    She hesitates before hurrying forward, when she gets into her home she runs directly into Alice. Bella screams in shock, "Alice!"

    "You're....alive." Alice's shaken voice mutters.

    She's clearly confused, but Bella hugs her with tears of joy blossoming.

    "Oh my God, Alice. You're here." She cries.

    "I heard voices - I didn't think it was you but - you're alive," Alice mutters again.