1.3

As the car ride dragged on, the vampires sat in silence as Bella attempted to contact her mother

"Hey, mom, it's me again," Bella said into her phone, glancing at the brunette beside her, "Um, you must have let your phone die or something."

"I'm not in Forks, but everything's okay and I'll explain it...later." The girl told her mother's voicemail before hanging up.

The girl sighs, looking longingly at Alice and Jasper's conjoined hands.

"It'll all be alright, Bella," Aurora comforts the human girl as they pull up to a hotel, "Just rest while you can."

As they walk into the hotel, Alice and Jasper check in as Aurora gets their bags, Bella dragging her feet in exhaustion.

Once they got into the room Bella went straight to the bedroom, instantly falling asleep.

Aurora sat their bags down before answering her ringing phone.

"Hello there, Niki," She answered in an odd voice, stepping out of the room, "How can we help you today?"

She walked to the elevator, pressing the first-floor button. The sound of overused elevator music playing on the speakers.

"You were supposed to call me back, kid, days ago, what happened?" Nikolus asked the girl.

When she arrived on the first floor, she went to the lobby and ordered a few random items for the human girl, clearly being the only one who remembered humans need nourishment.

Once the items were ordered, she put the phone back up to her ear.

"Why the hell are you ordering food?" The man asked, confused.

Finally answering the man's questions, she explains everything that had happened in the last few days, avoiding a few key details.

"So you went back to Carlisle's, met Edward's mate, who is a human, and made friends with the girl, now you're having lunch..with her?" Nikolus repeated, confused.

"Hey Nik, let me call you back," Aurora tells the man, faintly hearing Jasper call her name from the room.

Once she had hung up, abandoning the food, she walked up to the stairs before glancing around the area, upon seeing no one, she sped up the stairs and into their room.

"Mirrors, a room full of mirrors," Alice said, trapped in a vision, as Jasper passed her a paper and pencil.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain," Bella says as she comes up behind Alice.

"She sees the course the people are on while they are on it," Jasper tells as he glances at the human, "They change their minds, the visions change."

"Yeah, so the...course the tracker's on now is gonna lead him to...a ballet studio?" Bella points out.

"You've been here?" Alice asked as everyone's eyes snap towards the girl.

"I took lessons as a kid," Bella explains, confused, "The school I went to had an arch just like that."

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked as his gaze hardened.

"Yeah," The human's phone suddenly rings, startling her.

"Edward, are you okay?" She rushed out.

"We've lost the tracker," Edward stressed, "The woman's still in the area. Rosalie and Esme have gone back to Forks to protect your father. I'm coming to get you. And you and I...are gonna go somewhere...alone. And the others will keep hunting."

"I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again," Edward swears before hanging up.

"We're checking out, you stay here with Bella. Keep her safe." Alice told the girl as they grabbed the bags and left the room in a rush.

After they left, Bella's phone rang, it had been her mother calling her back.

"Hey, mom. I'm glad you got my message," Bella answers as she walks into the bedroom for privacy, "What are you doing home?"

Aurora tunes out her conversation in respect of the human's privacy. The girl paces the room, nervously as she waits for Jasper and Alice.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Unbeknownst to the vampire, Bella's mother was being threatened by a certain nomadic vampire in the other room.

"Bella, Bella! Bella? Where are you?" Her mother yells, panicked.

"Calm down," Bella told the woman, "Everything's fine."

"Bella! Bella!" She yells once again.

"I-I'll explain everything later," Bella stutters out, "Mom, are you there?"

"Forks High School doesn't protect its students' privacy very well. You know it's just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address. It's a nice house you have here," The man told her, "I was prepared to wait for you. Then Mom came home after she received a very worried call from your Dad. And it all worked out quite well."

"Please, wait..." Renee called.

"Don't touch her! Don't, okay? Don't!" Bella yelled, quietly to not attract attention from the vampire one room over.

"How about your old ballet studio?" He chuckled, "And I'll know if you bring anyone along. Poor Mom will pay the price for that mistake"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

After talking with her mother, the girl walked out of the room, seeing the vampire girl, slightly, pacing the floor.

"Bella!" Aurora gave a small smile, "How's your mother?"

"She's...good, back home," Bella cringed out a slight smile, "Could you get me a glass of water, please?"

"Of course," Aurora smiled, falling for the distraction.

She grabbed a glass, filling it with water from the sink.

Once she had turned around to hand the girl the glass, she finally realized the girl had left.

    "Edward's going to kill me."

edited
908 words