1.2

As the trio of nomadic vampires glide towards the tree line, the Cullen family gathers around the human, subtly blocking her from sight

    "They were leaving, then they heard us," Alice called out to the coven.

    "Let's go," Edward commanded, grabbing the confused human's arm.

    "It's too late," Carlisle told them.

    "Put your hair down," Edward commanded.

    "Like that'll help," Rosalie snarked, "I could smell her from across the field."

    "I shouldn't have brought you here," Edward muttered into Bella's ear, "I'm so sorry."

    "What?" Bella asked the boy, confused.

    "Just be quiet," Edward commanded the girl, "Stand by me."

    As three vampires glided out from the trees, the Cullens subtly surrounded the human.

"I believe this belongs to you." The dark-skinned male held up the baseball before throwing it.

"Thank you." Carlisle thanked him as he caught the ball.

"I'm Laurent, and this is Victoria and James." Laurent introduced.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family." Carlisle introduced.

"Hello," Laurent greeted.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have...caused something of a mess for us," Carlisle told them.

"Our apologies," Laurent apologized, "We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby," Carlisle explained.

"Really?" Laurent looked to James in shock, the latter glaring at Edward, "Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east." Victoria smirked, "You should be safe."

"Excellent," Carlisle strained out a smile.

"So...could you use three more players?" Laurent asked, hopefully, seeing the hesitant looks on their faces, "Oh, come on. Just one more game."

"Sure, why not?" Carlisle agreed, glancing at Edward, "A few of us were leaving, you can take their place. We'll bat first."

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball," Victoria smirked as she caught the ball thrown to Laurent.

"Oh well I think we can handle that," Jasper grinned.