2.5

Four more wolves slink out from behind the tree line, all baring their teeth

Ignoring Laurent with Bella safely guarded behind her, Aurora analyzes the newly arrived wolves.

They're the size of small horses, all of
different hues: dark silver, chocolate, ash, and russet-brown. Their hackles are up, lips curling, bodies crouched, ready to spring.

    She didn't stand a chance if they decided to kill two birds with one stone, to kill her along with Laurent.

As the wind blows, she catches the relaxing scent she had smelled before. It was coming from one of the wolves.

She quickly searches over the wolves again.

The russet-brown wolf is the closest to the two and is looking at Bella, it wasn't him, he smelled of engine oil. Somewhat familiar.

    The chocolate one smelled of milk chocolate while the ash-colored wolf smelled of the ocean.

And suddenly her eyes join with the dark silver wolf and everything slows down.

As they stared, it felt as if the air had cleared, as if nothing could come between the two. It wasn't love at first sight, it was more like having a piece of your soul..of your heart, that you never knew existed until they joined together and become complete. It made her feel as if he could chase away every one of her fears with just a look.

The wolf's snarl dissolves into a look she had seen before on the people around her: Wanting but also confusion and frustration.

    Laurent takes the moment of distraction to take off across the meadow, causing the wolf to snap away from her.

The wolves spring toward the two - leaping right over them in pursuit of Laurent.

    Their thunderous snarls and snaps shake her out of her shocked trance as the pack sprint after the vampire, surrounding him before he reaches the tree line.

Laurent starts to swing, smacking the dark silver wolf across the meadow, forcing an involuntary snarl upon her lips.

Another wolf lunges at Laurent - he kicks it and it sails into a tree, splintering it.

    The two wolves recover and lurch back to the pack which closes in on Laurent. It's almost impossible to know who will prevail but Aurora already knows he doesn't stand a chance.

In Aurora's moment of distraction, Bella suddenly races into the woods causing Aurora to speed after the girl without a look back.

Bella runs through the trees, panicking and falling multiple times before she dashes out of the tree line and to her truck parked on the shoulder of the road. She jumps in, and peals out with Aurora just barely making it into the passenger seat.