-Meeting-

(I just noticed both re8 books start with chapters named the same way, and yes, I know in the other book I wrote Demetrescu, and here I wrote Dimitrescu, bite me.)

Alcina was annoyed.

Mother Miranda was late, Moreau was talking up a storm, Karl was annoying her with his presence alone, and Donna's doll, Angie, was pulling at her patience... More precisely, at her hair.

She slapped the doll away as she took a breath from her cigarette on a long stick since the author still has no idea what that is actually called.

"Welcome to today's meeting." Miranda finally appeared in a flurry of feathers in the middle of the broken church.

The black feathers go around flying through the air.

Let's go ahead and get this done.

-----------------------------

But unlike how she hoped, her lateness didn't change much to the meeting until the very end of it. Still as boring as it usually was.

"Alcina, we spoke about this, you kill another maiden of yours." She almost felt the coldness in her voice. "Don't worry on finding another one for I am feeling generous." She didn't like Miranda's tone at all.

"What can I say Mother Miranda? A spy has not got its place in my home, not even to be turned into wine."

"Right but let me present you a fine young maiden, specifically chosen for her abilities to serve you, Angelina please do join us."

Alcina's eyes widened slightly at how the presence of another person had escaped her senses as a woman with short brown hair and a braid stepped out seemingly from behind Miranda's seat, her white eyes staring ahead with no expression on her face.

"Alcina I present to you Angelina Silvercrest, my personal pick in my household and head maid for many years, this way maybe you won't be losing any more of them." Miranda's hand pointed at the maiden as Alcina sized her up, not seeing any cracks in her facade of calm.

"You are but too kind Mother Miranda."

"I want what's for the best for this village and my children and now go join your new lord, your luggage will be dropped down at the castle."

"Right away my lady."

"And Alcina, do not kill this one."

"Of course Mother Miranda."

Alcina followed the girl's movement, fluid and hitch-less as she took her place standing near Alcina, unable to smell any nervousness.

The rest of the meeting seemed to drag out until they could finally leave after all was spoken about.

Alcina forgot about the maid until she opened the big carriages door for her, having escaped her perception again.

The road back was quite silent, there was no fidgeting in fear, there was no glancing around nervously, no lips biting, no heart racing, nothing, this maiden was unreadable.

"Well I mean, she was Miranda's favorite, there must be a reason for that." She thought, staring at the maiden and she was staring back purely because they were sitting in front of each other, gazes never wavering. "I want to know what is so special about her, no, I need to know."

----------------------------------