-Mystery-

(Please do inspire me, my dear god!... Since the re-upload, I have no idea about the plot. Is there something you guys would enjoy seeing here? Help.)

This maiden, lacking any fearful bones in her body, simply opened her eyes as if it was another regular morning and not someone who had fainted in the castle of a monstrous lady.

However, what surprised her was the place she was in... This was not her room.

She lifted her hand... Hmm... This is her lady's work, yet she is still in the Dimitrescu castle.

She was displeased that she missed her, having wanted to see her.

But it was such a stupid mistake.

Because of Umbrella, her own blood is not hers, furthest from what she was meant to be, most distant from what she'll ever be.

She put her hand on her chest, nothing but a weapon, and her lady saved her from it... But she almost stupidly brought an end to herself. Not only would her lady, lady Dimitrescu, or the young ladies be mad... But also her.

B.A.E... Not only would she be mad, but who knows what would happen after that.

"You seem in deep thoughts, maiden."

"Simply about what I am doing in this specific room." She quickly countered, not surprised by the voice, having sensed the looming shadow. She can escape the perception of others easily, but few can hers. "Lady Dimitrescu."

"This room is big enough to accommodate many people; Mother Miranda wouldn't fit in yours."

Logical, hers was much smaller than the usual room in her lady's home.

"Right." She sat up as if she wasn't in her new lady's bed, as weird as that might sound. Standing and ensuring her outfit was pristine, her gloves on, and her hair in place. 

"Now, slow down there." The tall vampire woman told the human, who seemed careless. "I deserve an explanation about what went down there."

"It's nothing you need to worry about; it will never happen again, I can promise you that."

"Maiden, I demand an answer."

Alcina didn't enjoy the 'swipe under the rug' attitude she was starting to associate with the maiden; it was as if she had created that saying herself.

"You not endangered by what happened, I promise."

"Answers maiden, answers."

And Angelina was not a fan of her new lady trying to dig around in her life and secrets.

"I got sick." She simply said.

"From what?"

"I just caught something." Even if she knew she most likely saw the blood, it was out of the question that she hadn't. "I am fine."

"You do look fine." And yet Alcina still towered in front of the door and blocked the way. "But you got better fast."

"I have a strong body." Which wasn't exactly a lie; she had easily stopped Alcina from hurting her on her first day here.

Angelina, master of half-truths and killer of Alcina's patience... Which was small to start with.

"That didn't seem like something a strong body would be enough for."

"Trust me, it would be enough for me."

"Maiden, I will make you into wine if you don't stop and answer my questions."

"You wouldn't."

And infuriatingly, the lady of the castle knew she was correct. Even if she genuinely did want the maiden harm, it would be hard.

If this woman insists on such an underhanded lie, she'll play, too.

"Strong bodies aren't enough to not bleed out when shot either."

"It went clean through, easy to patch up."

So her lady was aware of that... Was she the odd feeling of being watched that Angelina felt?

"They turned into beautiful bottles of wine tho."

"Happy you like it."

"Angelina, tell me the truth."

Odd... It was strange to have anyone else but her lady calls her that, even the young ladies. It felt almost joking, but here it was different... She wasn't sure if she hated it or not.

"I am not a frail flower, my lady." She simply started an orange-eye meeting with the reds of her lady. "My lady had her reason to send me to serve you instead of another. You should respect her not telling you, so please, let me out. I have a job to do."

The intensity of the stares should have lit the room on fire, but this time, Alcina was half sideways, mocking bow of her head, tilting her sizeable brimmed hat down; she'd get back on this subject soon enough. She can let the maiden think she won this match.

"This is not over." Not for too long, she'll know her secrets.

"Feel free to play my lady. I have not lost yet."

"Not yet." She made an almost exaggerated gesture for Angelina to leave. "I'll know all that I want too soon enough."

"As I said... Try as you may."

"Oh, I will. Don't threaten me with a good time."

Alcina's previous smile pulled large on her face at the almost surprised discomfort on the maiden's face as she walked past her and grabbed the door handle.

"You should know this little maiden," Alcina called out before she could close the door behind her. "I don't let my prey go."

"Have a good day, my lady."

The door closes on this chapter of their interaction, but Alcina has the master key and will not let it go to waste.

"Just you wait. I'll know what I want soon  enough."

She is the lady of the castle. No one closes the door to her.