-Maladies-

Angelina rubbed her forehead, wondering only momentarily why it was hotter in the castle than what she was used to.

"YOU ARE THE BEST, ANGIE!!" Bela literally hung off her neck, legs off the ground and kicking in excitement before she hopped away from her, holding the book and squealing. Even if she had gotten it yesterday, she didn't have the time to thank the maid before because she needed to read the first chapter immediately.

"Of course, my lady." She said.

"Bela dear, sit down; it is lunchtime," Alcina said that she enjoyed the sight of the maiden outside her element with how touchy her daughter could be.

It still did annoy her that the time for the maiden to meet with Miranda was nearing; she was her maiden after all, but no one says no to Mother Miranda.

"Right, mother."

"God, you can be such a child," Cassandra said, free from lockdown.

Angelina filled the cup the young lady was holding up to her.

Her eyes go wide, and she grabs the handle of the pitcher. She almost overpoured as she felt her wrist not react the usual way; usually, she barely needed strength to lift the pitcher, but this time, she needed to use more.

She set it down, grabbing her wrist as she stepped back, rubbing it gently. Even her ability can't heal her body; she can only force scabs to form and blood to stitch flesh together. Maybe the pitchfork hit a tendon; those don't get blood flow, so they heal slower than other parts, and she can't force her will onto them, just like how she can't control broken bones, just the blood vessels around them.

Even her shoulder was still hurt for that reason, but she could work through it.

She shivered, more like a chill ran up her back, unable to tell if she actually felt cold now or if it was because of her realization, but it was irking her slightly, not liking not to know what was happening with her body, the light green dotting her eyes.

"Maiden." But the color faded out as she was spoken to.

"Yes lady Dimitrescu?" She looked up at her, the lady's eyes drilling holes through her, making her slightly uncomfortable, reflected in her rapid heartbeat. She needed a moment to get under control.

"Do get more snacks. My daughters seemed to have finished."

"Yes, of course." She quickly grabbed the plates off the table, berating herself for not noticing, just making her confusion grow as light green took over her eyes.

She quickly headed to the kitchen, not enjoying how the lady of the castle found this funny.

She rubbed her head, lightly slapping herself.

She set the platters down and pulled new ones and set them on a counter but knocked a knife down on the ground, making her sigh heavily and bend down to pick it up, only for her to hit the back of her head on the counter that seemingly got closer to her when she stood.

Angelina silently grabbed it, rubbing the soreness away.

"Gather yourself, Angelina, dammit." She shook out her head, but instead of helping, it felt like her head had trouble keeping up, making her stumble on her feet and grab the wall. "What the hell is going on?"

Was she literally going mad because of a little failure? She failed, too, not nearly as much as others, but unfortunately, she was still a human at heart, and humans make mistakes. It is human nature... But she never reacted like this... She never worried herself dizzy and to the point of feeling her heartbeat in her chest, like she did before, really loud, ringing in her ears.