EP 6

The game went on and it was noticeable Midorima and Takao were trying to do something. They didn't do it yet, maybe because it was something risky and they had to be sure it would work when they did it.

    Rakuzan knew that if Shutoku wanted to close the gap between their scores, they would need Midorima's three-pointers. But Akashi was still marking Midorima, so they knew the green haired didn't have much he could do.

    However, Midorima and Takao would show them they were wrong. There was still something they could do. Both of them had a plan and they were going to put it into action.

    Five minutes were left until the end of the match and Shutoku was still 20 points behind Rakuzan, it was now or never.

    Takao had the ball and was being marked by two opponents while Midorima was being marked by Akashi. 

    Midorima was ready, if they wanted to make this work he had to trust his teammate more than he trusted himself. And he did!

    Midorima surprised his opponents when he positioned himself as if he was going to shoot the ball. It was confusing because he didn't have the ball, he was just doing the movements. 

    Suddenly, everyone understood why he was doing that, when the green haired boy reached the peak of his jump, Takao threw the ball to him and it reached Midorima's positioned hands perfectly. With the ball on his hands, Midorima just had to finish his movement and shoot the ball. 

    That way, Shutoku scored a three-pointer. It was incredible.

    Everyone was stunned with what they had just done. 

    Kuroko and (Y/N) had widened eyes, did Midorima just do that?! The only way for him to ever do something like that, was if he had complete trust on his teammate, that he would pass him the ball perfectly to his hands so he could shoot it. Midorima would never shoot the ball if he wasn't 100% sure it would go in. If he did this with Takao just now, that meant he knew they would be able to make it!

    "He's so different from how he was before." (Y/N) mumbled to herself as she looked at the green haired boy with pride and happiness.

    Shutoku had a new chance to fight back now. With Midorima and Takao doing this, Midorima would keep scoring three-pointers. Akashi wouldn't be able to get the ball from him because not only would he not have time to stop him from shooting, he wouldn't reach the necessary height.

    With their new fighting spirit, Shutoku was now overpowering Rakuzan. They were getting the ball at the rebounds and intercepting Rakuzan's passes. As soon as they got the ball, they would give it to Takao, who with his amazing accuracy would pass it perfectly to Midorima's hands and he would score three points. In less than a minute, Shutoku closed the gap to 11 points only.

    Obviously, Rakuzan's captain wasn't worried. He couldn't deny he was surprised, but the result would still be the same. He had the ball and Midorima got in front of him to mark him.

    "Shutoku's not dead yet. The game is just getting started." Midorima told Akashi strongly.

    "This is more than I expected, Shintaro. I couldn't ask for more." Akashi admitted, his expression still not worried. In a second, his eyes got harder. "This is pointless. Move!" he told Midorima as he made an Ankle Break and Midorima fell on the ground again. "My orders are absolute." Akashi said with authority.

    His teammates were worried for him as he had fallen once again and Akashi went towards their basket. 

    Midorima wasn't going to let the red haired defeat him so easily, though. There was no shame in falling down. Shameful would be not getting up again, and Midorima would be damned if he didn't get up again and kept fighting.