EP 19

When Akashi got to Rakuzan High-school and signed-up for the basketball club at the start of the school year, he quickly joined the first-string. He became the captain just as quickly and the known Uncrowned Kings started to respect him and to follow his orders without delay after seeing his power.

    As Akashi lead the team, he noticed a certain member of the club that wasn't even on the first-string. 

    Mayuzumi Chihiro's abilities for basketball were nothing but ordinary. However, after a short while of observing him, Akashi noticed how the older boy reminded him of Kuroko. 

    Mayuzumi always kept to himself and was happy when people ignored him and let him read his novels in peace. He liked playing basketball, but he wasn't really ambitious to the point of practicing to exhaustion just to be promoted to the first-string. He was different from Kuroko on that aspect.

    But Akashi had also observed how not many people really noticed Mayuzumi's presence. He was quiet and quickly escaped people's attention, just like Kuroko.

    Akashi was intrigued with him and decided that Mayuzumi would be the perfect hidden weapon on Rakuzan's team. With a little work, the silver haired boy would effectively learn how to use misdirection and help the team in ways that no one could. Just like Kuroko.

    Mayuzumi wasn't interested in Akashi's offer the first time the red haired presented it to him. He told Akashi that he wasn't desperate to play to the point of enduring such a boring way of playing, that he loved himself more than he loved the sport to accept enduring only passing the ball in games.

    But he ended up accepting.

    Because Akashi spoke to him about how he could become the new Phantom Sixth-man.

    Mayuzumi knew about Teiko's sixth player and, although he was a quiet and level-headed person, Mayuzumi was also quite arrogant. The idea of becoming the better version of a famous person, becoming better than the invisible younger boy he heard about, was appealing.

    And so, from that day forward, Mayuzumi also followed Akashi's orders and became the invisible player of Rakuzan.

    It was already the second quarter and the battle between Seirin and Rakuzan was still going on. Obviously, Seirin was having trouble going against someone with the same ability as Kuroko. Not to mention that it was slightly more difficult for them because of how Mayuzumi was a better player than Kuroko.

    If Mayuzumi was focusing only on passing the ball to his teammates, Seirin could avoid his passes if each one of them marked one of Rakuzan's players. But if Mayuzumi was left with no one to pass the ball to, he would simply shoot the ball and score himself, because he was good at it. Unlike Kuroko, who could only shoot the ball a certain way, Mayuzumi could score how he wanted, he had the talent of a normal player.

    That being said, Seirin didn't quite know what to do in this situation. Not to mention how Mayuzumi was always slipping from their sight. It was frustrating.

    While sitting on the bench, Kuroko glanced at (Y/N). He saw how the girl had an angry look on her face. But it was to be expected. (Y/N) had always been protective of Kuroko. Having her own boyfriend make a player learn Kuroko's style of basketball just to spite them and use it against them was bound to upset her. Messing with her precious friend as well as her team and herself. Seirin's manager wouldn't let this slide.

    (Y/N) watched as the ball went out of bounds and the game was put on hold. The girl took the chance to get up and approach Akashi as he stood close to the side line, already looking at her.