EP 8

The match continued and things were getting difficult for Seirin. Kise kept copying the Miracles and scoring points for Kaijou. 

    The crowd was amazed with him and cheered, he really was the ace of Kaijou.

    Only three minutes passed and Kaijou already had a lead of 13 points. Seirin was losing 2-15.

    Kise had been using his Perfect Copy for three minutes, he only had two more minutes until he reached his limit. Kagami was gasping for air as he watched Kise do the same. His technique was taking its toll on the blond ace. Kise wasn't worried, though. Even if he had to stop now, Kaijou already had a large gap. It would be alright for him to slow his pace for now, and that's what he was going to do. He would leave the last two minutes he had for later.

    "Man, this is rough." Kise said suddenly, grabbing Seirin's attention. "For now, I'll take a break. Copying those guys is pretty tough, after all . . . I can't really collapse so soon into the game. We still got most of the game to play, so I have to save the fun part for later. But well, that served its purpose plenty. We're on the lead now." He told Seirin with a pleased expression.

    The boys from Seirin were frowning with frustration. Kise really got them by using his technique on the beginning of the game.

    The game resumed and the impact Kaijou's plan had on Seirin was noticeable. They were consecutively missing shots and that only frustrated them more. They had been counting on making a lot of points from the beginning, but not only did that fail but they were the ones behind Kaijou by a lot of points. They wanted to make up for that and score points as fast as possible, but that agitation only made them fail more.

    (Y/N) watched the boys worriedly. Their morale really took a toll and they were getting worked up. They were restless, they needed to calm down and get back on track.

    "(L/N)-chan, do you have any ideas?" Koganei asked as he looked at her.

    "Hmm. Well, this happened because Kaijou caught us by surprise and shocked the boys. If anything, we need to break Kaijou's pace and get our guys back on track. They need to get their heads straight again." (Y/N) said and Riko's eyes widened at her words, she had just gotten an idea.

    "And we have just the person!" Riko said with excitement, grabbing their attention. Riko turned towards the boys on the bench. "Member change! Furihata-kun, get ready to go in!" she told him and the boy was so shocked with the suddenness of it all he even started to sweat and look pale.

    He was shaking all over. Was he really going in?! He had never played in a match as important as this one!

    As soon as the ball went out of bounds, Riko called for Izuki so he would switch with Furihata. When Furihata stood at the side line to go in, the others looked at him surprised. The boy was completely rigid and breathing hard. They couldn't help but feel worried about him.

    Although (Y/N) felt a bit sorry for him, because she could see he was really scared, she couldn't help chuckle at the situation. It was so comical.

    Furihata was trying to calm himself down, he had been wishing for this for so long. It was always Kuroko and Kagami playing while he and the other first-years stayed on the bench, but now that his moment came, he was really scared. Was the inside of the court this intimidating all the time?! Were the others always playing with this amount of pressure?! How was he going to be able to relax?! Poor Furihata sweated even more.

    Furihata entered the court as Izuki got out. When he passed by him, Izuki tapped his shoulder.

    "We're counting on you. You're marking that number 4." Izuki said nicely.