EP 18

The game went on and Rakuzan had to admit that Kagami's Zone power was being a pain to deal with. The red haired ace from Seirin was dunking the ball with his Meteor Jam and scoring for his team. His offensive power was amazing.

    But Seirin had to be careful. Kagami was spending too much energy. He was attacking but he was also focusing on defense and that was prone to drain him soon. It was still the first quarter, Seirin could not afford for Kagami to lose his strength so early into the game.

    Koganei looked at Riko worriedly.

    "His offensive power is incredible, but if he keeps like this . . ." he mumbled to the coach and Riko nodded.

    (Y/N) also looked at Riko after hearing Koganei speak.

    "He's spending too much energy running around the court. It would be better if he focused only on offense, no?" she asked the coach, and Riko nodded again with a determined look.

    "Yes, that's right." Riko agreed and turned to look at Mitobe, who was sitting on the bench and quietly watching his friends play. "Mitobe-kun, get ready to go in." she instructed and the boy nodded with determination.

    Mitobe was better than Kuroko at defense and thus he would go in so he could be in charge of defending while Kagami focused on attacking.

    As soon as the ball went out of bounds, Riko asked for a member change. She called for Kuroko so he could come out and give way for Mitobe to go in. The blue haired boy wasn't counting on being subbed so soon, it had only been three minutes after all. He was so resolute to play and now he had to go out.

    The poor boy went towards the bench and looked comically dejected.

    "I was ready to give everything I have . . ." he mumbled and (Y/N) smiled at him.

    "It's ok, Tetsuya. This is so we can help Kagami save energy. You'll go back to playing in no time." The manager said nicely and Kuroko sat down beside her.

    Then, their attention was caught by what some people at the audience were saying.

    "What? They're subbing him out already?" someone complained.

    "I wanted to see that number 11 play more." Another said, referring to Kuroko.

    This made Koganei and (Y/N) look at each other. People sure were paying a lot of attention to Kuroko. 

    (Y/N) couldn't help but frown, this wasn't good at all. Since when was Kuroko so famous? Since when was Kuroko being watched by everyone? It wasn't supposed to be like this . . .

    The game continued and Hyuuga instructed Kagami to keep on the offense while the rest of them would take care of things at defense. Kagami smiled at his team's support and ran forward.

    He kept scoring and when there were six minutes left for the first quarter to end, Seirin was on the lead, the scores being 11-2.

    Rakuzan was talking among themselves, commenting on how Kagami was strong. One player, a certain captain, was less worried of course, but it was true that something had to be done.

    Akashi walked towards his team and started giving instructions. He would change marks with Kotaro, so now Akashi was the one that would be marking Kagami. He was surely set on putting Seirin's ace in his rightful place.

    The game resumed and Seirin was surprised when they saw that the one marking Izuki now was Kotaro and Akashi was in front of Kagami.

    Izuki passed the ball to Kagami and he held it as he looked at Akashi.