I Can Read You- Chapter 17

Huey's pov

I was going to go investigate on these in a room alone. I'm just pissed at this point. Fuck is her problem, but at the end of the day she may be right. I might have to go on a date with Ming just to get deeper in this. I really don't want to tho. I never did why would I want to know plus it's not gonna be same if it's not Y/N. But what she said triggered me I rather not talk to her right now. I sat down while opening the folder and taking my phone out.

Huey: [Hey, Uhm Ming?]

Ming: [Hii Huey what's up?]

Huey: [Uhm I wanted to take you out whenever is that okay with you?]

Ming: [Too like eat?]

Huey: Bitch what else. [Yeah it doesn't matter just tell me when and if you okay with it.]

Ming: [Todayyyy please and YES of course I'm okay with it.]

Huey: Damn...[Okay that's fine. Ermm I'll pick you up say 5:00?]

Ming: [Yep that's fine! See ya Huey boo 😘]

Huey: [Bye]

I placed my phone back in my back pocket. Annoyed as shit, I mean what other choice do I have because I'm not about to have sex with her. I don't know what made me stop doing that even tho I didn't do it ALL the time just been madly distance from that. I continued working on this information infront of me while trying to get a lot of things off my mind.

Y/N's pov

I was in our office and sitting in my own chair spinning in it bored as hell. I don't know what to do. Maybe I did pissed Huey off I didn't mean to tho. I was just giving him suggestions because we obviously had to go deeper in this investigation to figure out who the actual guy is so we can arrest him and shut that place down permanently.
Soon Kai walked in and I looked at up at him. Damn I thought that was Huey but I guess I could use some company right now.

Kai: Hey N/N (nickname)

Y/N: Hey Kai what's up?

Kai: What's up with you actually you look sad

Y/N: No I'm not sad just you know thinking

Kai: About?

Y/N: I don't know. Just randomly thinking

Kai: Oh I understand. What you been up to?

Y/N: Just finish a mission a couple days ago or yesterday I don't even know anymore.

Kai: Pretty sure it was yesterday. But how'd it go?

Y/N: It went...smoothly we just still need to investigate this case.

Kai: Who you think the guy is that created this disaster?

Y/N: I don't know but whoever it is we just need to make sure it's the right one.

Kai: Need any help?

Y/N: Nah we got it.

Kai: Oh well that's not the real reason I'm here. I was going to a concert this weekend and uhm you know just wanted to know if you wanna come?

Y/N: Oh sure I should be free this weekend.

Kai: Yeah you can be extra friends including Huey if you want. Even tho I don't like him but I wouldn't mind it's not my property ha.

Y/N: Oh uhm he might not but I'll talk to him about it.

Kai: Great okay see ya N/N

Y/N: Okay! See ya

He grabbed his water bottle and left. Kai is such a nice person and not an asshole like Huey but I love Huey's toxicity. I got out of my thoughts and was going to go talk to Huey about what Kai told me because I know I'm gonna forget later. I walked to the office he went to and knocked on the door and opened it. He looked up at me again and scowled. Ugh again already?!

Huey: If it's about bullshit just go ahead and walk out that door

Y/N: Just let me talk to you for a second damn Huey.

Huey: What is it

Y/N: Kai-

Huey: No

Y/N: Just let me finish DAMN!

Huey: Don't fucking yell at me because you already know I even hate you saying his name. Begone

Y/N: Just let me finish why you gotta be so damn complicated!

Huey: .....Go ahead

Y/N: Kai-

Huey: No

Y/N: Huey i fucking swear

Huey: Ok ok shit. Go ahead

Y/N: Kai invited us to a concert it's this weekend.

Huey:....A concert? Kai? Invitation from KAI!? Yeah no thank you

Y/N: Huey he's being kind!

Huey: Let me put you in on something sweetheart. I don't need him being kind to me. I definitely don't need him speaking to me plus fuck he inviting me for he should be inviting you and just you. You don't even need a damn invitation it's not his damn concert LOL.

Oh my god this man I swear he full of shit but I love it. I rolled my eyes but he is right tho. I mean we already knew there was a concert this weekend and that the invitation was unnecessary but Huey making it deep than it has to be. I wonder what made Kai wanted Huey to come anyways knowing they hate each other with a passion.

Y/N: You a asshole you know that?

Huey: Oh I'm an asshole everytime I'm right?

He got packing up his stuff. I looked at him confused I mean it's 3:00 but why he leaving so early.

Y/N: Where are you going?

Huey: I got a date to take care of. I'm leaving early to keep track of time.

Y/N: .....

Oh I didn't know he was actually gonna do it. But it's better than having sex with her I'm not really upset but it's like....

Huey: If you need something text me or call me.

Y/N: Where you taking her.

Huey: Wherever she wants. I'm sure it's gonna be a Chinese restaurant tho.

Y/N: Oh...

Huey: What's up with you?

Y/N: Nothing have fun-..

Huey: There's obviously something wrong.

Y/N: What you talking about...

Huey: But you are not fine. Stop lying to me.

Y/N: ....

Huey: You can't take it huh? *Chuckling* I'll bring you back some.

Y/N: You don't gotta do that I got food I'm not broke. It just I hope you know what you actually taking her out for.

Huey: Of course I know.

Y/N: Mhm...well have fun

He came up close to me and kissed my lips while locking eyes with me. And then broke the kiss. Okay whatever that kinda made me feel better.

Y/N: Why you did that

Huey: Because you know that's what you wanted. You been staring hard at them since this morning. And you jealous I get it. But you already know the main purpose of this call me later.

Y/N: Mhm... whatever bye *smiling*

He grabbed his stuff and left. I just watched him leaving with my arms folded. I swear I love how he just reads me. I would want my man like this. He better call me later like he said he would. I rolled my eyes playfully and went on with my day.

Ah 😩 anyways how you think the next chapter is gonna go. How you think the date is gonna go actually 🤔 also I appreciate everyone that loves my stories it feels so good people would read your own imagination 🥺 but anyways find out 🤪❤️