IV

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"You ready for me to come back now ?" With hella attitude. I give a stank face to the phone.
"Who the hell are you talkin to ? Anyways yeah you can come back."
"Bet. On my way."
We hang up and I try to go to sleep, but forget that I only go to sleep if Jordan's in the vicinity of me. He comes back, and Ion say a word to him. He bought him and me pizza, since we're in NYC. I plan to eat after I wake up from my nap. I go to sleep peacefully knowin Jordan is somewhat close to me again but also doesn't have any feelings towards me..

——————————

JORDAN'S POV:

Hey y'all. It's y'all favorite Warrior. Well that might be Steph, but I'm here y'all. So let me give you a lil info about me. My name is Jordan Poole and I'm 22 years old. My birthday is June 19th, 1999. I play professional basketball. I play in the NBA on the Golden State Warriors, and I wear #3. I also like to travel. I have brothers from other mothers as part of my long - lifetime family.

I'm single, but we'll get to that. Currently, I'm with the guys at practice and we're just doing shooting drills. Not to brag but I've made like 150 already. Anyways.. Coach called for break so, let's go talk to gang.
"Ayeee.. What's good with y'all ?" I exclaim.
"Nun. We just chilling while we have time to do it before Coach make us run." Steph says.
"I'm just tryna get mentally and physically ready for playoffs." I say seriously.
"Yeah, I think all of us are to be completely honest with you." Klay says.

As he finishes his sentence, I see Renee and her best friend Aaija walk in together. I spot Renee wearing a 'Gold Blooded' shirt. I suddenly form a look of confusion. As I continue eying them, I see them enter a hallway that I believe is the way to the media room and cheer/dance room for the dancers. Renee walks into the media room and Aaija walks into the dance room. Renee turns around and we make eye contact. Her eyes widen and she tells Aaija that she sees the team practicing.

My thoughts suddenly get cut off by Juan knocking my ball out my hands.
"Bro ?? You still alive ? Helloooo?" He says tryna get me from my trance, which works.
"Yeah bro I'm still alive." I say as I smack his hand.
"I just saw Renee yo."
"WHERE???" They yell. I winced hard.
"Down the hallway where the media room is." I say while dribbling the ball between my legs.
"Ima go say what's up to her." Steph says and Klay nods and walks with him.
"Aye ! Where y'all going ?" Coach shouts at Steph and Klay.
"We're going to go meet Poole's ex best friend." They say at the same time.
"We're doing a scrimmage first then you can go."
"Okay."

RENEE'S POV:

Me and Aaija are heading to work right now. We already ate breakfast now we're in the car. We make it to the arena and we walk to our rooms which are in the same hallway and right across from eachother. I turn my head while I'm twisting the key, and I meet eyes with Jordan. My eyes widen because I forgot they had practice today. I quickly tell Aaija that I saw him and she runs up to me and watches where I'm watching from.

We soon see Steph and Klay walking our way when Coach Kerr yells something and they walk back. We just mind our business and walk into our offices and get started with the day. I put on merch and we get started. I'm just thinking about Jordan and how- Why am I thinking about him ? Ion have nothing to do with that nigga. Whatever, let's just stay on track. I finally finish undressing from the merch and put back on the outfit I had on before I started.

I open the door and I'm met with the whole, yes whole Warriors team.
"Hi ?" I say awkwardly. They all say things at the same time that I can't understand.
"Woah, woah. Slow down.. One at a time please." I say calmly knowing Jordan probably told them that he just saw me earlier.
"Hi.." Steph says with a smile.
"Hi.." I say a lil confused.
"I'm sorry but I gotta go check on my best friend so y'all gon have to move." They make a pathway for my 5'10 frame. I walk across the hallway and knock on the door.
"Aaija open up." She opens the door quickly.
"He- why is the whole Golden State Warriors team behind you?" I put my head down forgetting they were there.
"Um I don't know." I shrug.
"Let me in though." I cheese nervously.

She lets me in and I damn near slam the door so hard. I grab her to the very back corner of the room and start talking.
"Yo tell me why, when I get done undressing and I open the door the whole team is there ?" I say making a face like 'be so fucking fr.'
"What the hell... You gotta an idea why they was there?"
"Yeah. Remember when we first arrived and me and Jordan made eye contact? Well I believe Juan caught him staring and got his attention and he told them that he saw me." I say curious if that's the real reason.
"Well, that kinda means he finally has feelings for you." She shrugs. I feel like she's right but at the same time I'm in denial..

——————————

jay's notes !

i'm done y'all. i might not post till tues. butttt i might post on monday idfk. this not even 1000 words tbh 🤷🏾‍♀️. love you and have a blessed day ! 🫶🏾