X

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"Yeah you right, I just hope that Jordan knows that she saw me again. Also Willow invited me to their barbecue party, it's tomorrow." I say confusingly.
"Should we go? I ask.
"We definitely should. Show Jordan what he missed out on."
"Yeah, I guess. Now let's go shopping!"

_____________________

JORDAN'S POV:

Heyy. Ain't talk to y'all inna minute. I'm back for half the chapter I guess. Never know what the author be doing. Anyways, I'm getting ready for the barbecue party tonight. Just setting up decor. Thanksgiving coming close, I need to go see the fam. I might ask Renee if she wants to go with me. I'm sure she wanna see the family.

Yeah, I'm getting the kitchen ready. Sorry not sorry, but Willow can't cook for shit. It hurts, but I've had more time to actually embrace my mom's cooking and pass it down to myself. She told me she grew up with soul food. When I tell you I was shocked. I was shocked as hell. I thought she'd be the woman in the house who does most of the cooking.

It's fine though. I walk to the backyard for some fresh air. My back startin' to hurt. Ima sit my ass down. I lay back on the beach chair and blow out a content breathe, my phone rings. I let out a puff, and answer the phone with an attitude.
"Hello?" I say with a scrunched up face.
"Damn, my bad I can call back." I hear a familar voice speak.
"Nah you good Renee. Just stressed right now."
"About what?" I can see her eyebrows raise through the phone.
"Oh just Willow and this damn barbecue party. My back is hurting from bending over too much.- I just needa break. Sorry for the attitude." I accidentally rant.
"You're good Jordan. I understand. Take as long as you need. If Willow say something, then tell her how you feel."

Yeah, I'm definitely gone tell her how I feel. I already know that she using me. I just don't know how to approach her and straight up tell her how I feel. Do y'all understand? I mean yeah, it seems easy listening to the concept, but that shit is hard in reality. I just hope that it don't go too bad.

WILLOW'S POV:

This nigga Jordan bro. Did he forget I was in the kitchen cooking? I mean it's really not cheating but... I mean I could use it against Renee. Should I? Ion wanna start nothin' but at the same time.. I probably shouldn't. I'm not gone do it. Whenever I see her Ima just ask how she doing and shit.

TIME SKIP: 2 HOURS LATER...

So, some people have finally arrived. I think the Curry's and Green's were here first. The Lee's came shortly after. The James's family were next. Others like the Westbrook's and families from all teams. We didn't have a kid's section. So.. Ion know what we gonna do. We have margaritas out for the adults, and juices and water for the kids.

Me and Jordan always greet the people at the door. I'm looking through the window, and I see Renee and Aaija. Yes, I know Aaija. We were mutuals before Jordan became mine, and Renee was just a whining bitch. Anyways, Renee rings the doorbell and Jordan opens the door with a huge smile.
"Welcome!" We say in unison. Jordan gives me a side-eye. I look at him like "what?" He shakes his head. I roll my eyes and fake smile.
"Hey girls! Do any of you want a drink?"
"Yes, if that's okay with you." By this time, we've gone to the kitchen.
"What would you like?" She thinks for a minute.
"Um, I'll take an straberry and banana margarita."

"Okay. Aaija what would have?" I start making Renee's.
"Um.. I'll have the same." I give her a smile.
"Okay. Y'all can go outback, and I'll be right out."
"Okay. See you!" They walk outside. A few minutes later I'm finished making their drinks. I go outside and see Renee and Jordan interacting with the teams. They literally look more like a couple than me and him. Anyways, I give them their drinks and sit on the other side of Jordan.

I lean my head on his shoulder and whisper him a question.
"Why is she sitting next to you?"
"Because it was the only seat left." I look around the table and there were no more seats left. I look at him suspiciously.
"Okay, I believe you."
"You should." He chuckles. I scrunch my face looking up at him.
"I needa talk to you."
"Why? I needa go to the bathroom right quick."
"Okay, I'll be in the kitchen."

TO BE CONTINUED...

_________________

jay's notes

um.. i made this mid chapter but it's not 1,000 words which is pissin me off. i needa grind tbh. thanks for readin. i love you 🖤