XVI

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"Girl, we gotta go. It's getting late."
"Ight. Nice meeting you Johnathan."
"Nice to meet you too Aaija." He says looking her up and down.
"Okayyy girllll. I see you with ya' lil boo thang." I say smirking.
"Girl- go sit down somewhere."

________________

JORDAN'S POV:

After the little talk with Renee I rush to get home so I can call her. Yeah, y'all can call me whipped but I'm trying my best to get her back in the best way. I know her guard is up, but even higher than usual. I need to get her to understand that I won't hurt her again. I pull into the garage of my 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house. I put my keys in the bowl and jog up the stairs. I get undressed and turn on the water. While that's getting hot, I get my night clothes out.

Once I'm done with that, I check to see if the water is hot enough. It is, so I get in the shower and shortly take my time. After 15 minutes, I lay down in the bed with my phone in hand. I find Renee's name and FaceTime her. It rings about 4 times before it connects and I see Renee's beautiful smile. I smile before I speak.

"Hey."
"Hi Jordan" She says with a big smile.
"I see you made it home." She says checking her Apple Watch for the time.
"Nah, I took my time trust me." She raises her eyebrows at this comment.
"You sure?"
"Yes Powers." I playfully roll my eyes.
"Okay Poole." She mocks me.
"Keep playing Renee and see what'll happens."
"You won't." She challenged.
"I bet you 100 that I will."
"I bet you 100 that you won't."
"You pushing it. So when we see each other Thursday we gone' shake hands right?"

RENEE'S POV:

"Yes we are Jordan." I stare at the camera.
"Who you looking at like that?"
"Casper. You duh."
"So we getting bold now?"
"Yes. Why you asking so many questions?"
"Cause' I can Powers."
"Cause' I can Powers." I mumble under my breath.
"You forgot you had your AirPods in?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.
"No." I lie.
"Okay liar." I give him a 'You serious right now' look.
"Okay Jordan."

"Jordan I gotta go my take-out here."
"Hell no. Stay on the phone"
"Boy, you want me smacking in yo ear?"
"Well no-." I interrupt.
"Okay then. Goodnight Poole."
"Goodnight Powers."
"Wait Jordan. You said you wanted to stay on the phone?"
"Yes. Can't you go on mute? Just let me go to sleep peacefully."
"I was thinking that. Okay." I agree. He smiles huge even though I know he's sleepy.

I go to the front door and Apple Pay the order and tip $30. The delivery guy was really nice and gave me extra duck sauce even though I didn't need any. Some people are just nice and thoughtful. *cough cough* You know who I'm talking bout'. I wash my hands, bless my food, and dig in. I ordered shrimp fried rice and sushi. I know hot and cold, but I'm craving it so Ima eat it. I got the California roll. Sushi is so good. Definitely one of my top 10 foods. If you don't like sushi, then I don't know what to tell you man. Yeah, I finished eating after 15 minutes and get in the bed. I text Jordan goodnight before turning off my lamp. I look at Jordan one last time before I go to sleep.

________________

jay's notes

sorry it's late. i got my hair done which took damn near 2 hours. goodnight !