IX

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

Starbucks gotta long ass line. I decide to just go inside.
"Good morning, can I have 2 grande coffees, one with extra cream and the other with 3 pumps of cream?"
"You sure can. Anything else?"
"Yes. Can I have 2 birthday cake cake pops?"
"Yes ma'am. Your total is $15.75. Cash or card?"
"Cash." I pay her and leave. I get in the car and give Aaija her food and drink. I drive to the Chase Center and drop Aaija off.
"Tell the team I said hey."
"Okay. Love you!"
"Love you too. Call me when you on yo last break." She nods her head. I leave and head to the grocery store and you won't believe who I saw.

____________________

WILLOW'S POV:

Y'all miss me? Wait, Ian even introduce myself. My fault. My name is Willow Myers, Jordan's wife- *gets slapped in the mouth* Author not too much.. Anyways, Jordan's girlfriend. We have been together for 3 years. That don't even matter cause that money comin in heavy.

Right now, I'm in the grocery store getting some food for the house. I see lil miss Renee walking in. I think that's the girl I forced Jordan to give up. Appreciate that forreal. Anyways, I see she coming my way and we make eye contact. She walks closer and squints her eyes- I guess to confirm if it's really me or not. I mean I did a have a bit of makeup on but damn.

Renee's eyes bulge and she tries walking past me but I greet her with a fake smile.
"Hey. Is that you Renee?"
"Yeah, is that you Willow?" She says with a smirk.
"Mhm. So whatchu doing around here?" She stops herself from jerking her neck.
"Oh, I live here. I model as well." I give a confused look.
"Really? Jordan told me you were still in Michigan." I lie. Jordan told me all about her being here.
"Oh. Well we aren't really talking right now. Also when's the barbecue party?" Jordan told her about that?? Ima have to ask him about that.

"Oh, It's tomorrow. I'm just here to get some extra things that we actually need."
"Okay, well can you or Jordan give me the info for the party?
"I'll give it to you." I give her my number and send the address. Her phone rings.
"Ima take this real quick."

RENEE'S POV:

"Hello?" I say into the phone.
"Renee it's me." I hear Aaija's voice throughout the speaker.
"Do you need me to pick you up now?" I say looking to see if Willow is eavesdropping.
"Yeah, practice ends in 15."
"Okay Ima be there in 10."
"Bet. Love you."
"Love you too, bye."

I walk back to Renee with a fake pout.
"I'm sorry but I have to go. It's an emergency."
"Okay. Have a good day Renee." She says with an obvious fake grin. I speed walk out the store and to my car and take a deep ass breath. I drive for about 10 minutes and I arrive at the practice facility. I see Aaija standing outside.
"Girllllll. I have seen some crazy shit today."
"What happened noww?"
"I saw Willow. You remember who that is? The girl that Jordan and her posted their locations on Insta."
"HER? Damnnn. What she say?"
"Well, I walked in the store then I saw her and walked closer. She ended up greeting me and we talked for a bit. She also told me that Jordan told her that I was still living in Michigan." I say anxiously.
"She won't do nothing. She probably was lying. You know her." She says matter-of a- factly.

"Yeah you right, I just hope that Jordan knows that she saw me again. Also Willow invited me to their barbecue party, it's tomorrow." I say confusingly.
"Should we go? I ask.
"We definitely should. Show Jordan what he missed out on."
"Yeah, I guess. Now let's go shopping!"

_____________________

jay's notes !

yes i deserved to be yelled at lol. i lied. i got caught up 🤦🏾‍♀️. i was at a pool party and i wasn't focused on my phone. plus i missed the nba games yesterday and i was pissed. ANDD i have even more hw. so yeah 'X' in the next 2-3 days?