V

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"Yeah. Remember when we first arrived and me and Jordan made eye contact? Well I believe Juan caught him staring and got his attention and he told them that he saw me." I say curious if that's the real reason.
"Well, that kinda means he finally has feelings for you." She shrugs. I feel like she's right but at the same time I'm in denial..

——————————

JORDAN'S POV:

So currently, me and the- well not me but the team is outside the cheer room trying to eavesdrop on Renee and Aaijas' conversation. I believe they forgot that Renee dragged- yes I said dragged Aaija to the very back corner of the room so we COULDN'T hear for a reason. I think they're a lil slow. Me personally, I wouldn't let somebody call me slow, but that's just me.

Anyways, I decide to go to the bathroom. I do my business and as I'm walking out. I see the team walking back to the courts. I'm confused because I thought that they were eavesdropping. I walk their way curious.
"What happened y'all?" I ask.
"Nothing. We just heard nun so we left." Gary explained.
"Oh, okay."
"Why? You care?" Juan wiggles his eyebrows.
"First of all, stop doing that. And second, no not really Juan." I say.

"Then why you ask?"
"I was curious Juan. I went to the bathroom and came back and y'all were at the courts, so I followed." I shrug with a stank face.
"Damn, my bad for asking." Juan rolls his eyes and turns around and starts shooting. I see Renee and Aaija leave secretly out of the corner of my eye. I become quiet as the team is talking loud as they converse. I walk quietly over to the door and try to keep up with Renee.

"Aye, Renee!!" I yell. She says something to Aaija and Aaija walks to their car.
"Whatchu want nigga?" She says aggressively but I ignore it.
"Your attention." I cheese. She gives me this lowkey dirty look.
"Don't you have practice lil boy?"
"First of all, I'm not a lil boy Renee. You sure didn't think that in college." She rolls her eyes and puts her hand up.
"Boy please. Go back to playing basketball babes."
"Not even dating and you already calling me 'babe'"
"Bruh... Omg. Get out my damn face." She rolls her eyes.. AGAIN!
"Keep rolling them eyes and I might make em roll even more Renee."
"YOU ain't gon do shit. You ain't did before, and you ain't gon do it now. So please shut your mouth."

"Always doubting me still huh?" I smirk.
"Shut the hell up Anthony."
"No Jay."
"Man... Fuck out my face. Goodbye Anthony." She fake smiles and waves at me and gets in her car where Aaija is damn near dying from laughing. 'I wonder what's so funny.' It really don't matter to be honest. Ima go back to the team though. I gotta shower and get home. I walk in the building and to the locker room to see everyone turn their head at the door.
"What?"
"Where the hell you been?? Is the better question." Coach says.
"I've been talking to Renee outside in the parking lot." I say shrugging.
"WHAT??" The team yells.
"How the hell you even get her to talk to you?"

"I just said shit that would get her fed up. No problem, I do it all the time."
"Man what the hell, leave that woman aloneeee." Coach says to me.
"Ion think I can man. She's always on my mind, and I can't seem to get her out."
"Ooh someone gotta crushhhh." Steph and the others say.
"Man I'm done."

______________

jay's notes !

y'all i'm so sorry for not postin. just a lot been goin on between school and other things. this was HELLA short my bad but i did say that i was gon get this out before friday and i did it surprisingly. but bye ! i'm goin to try to post when i can !!
love you and God bless you ! 🫶🏾