XIII

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"Give me a few days to think about it. If you fuck up, I'm not giving you anymore chances. I'm so deadass. This is the last time. You already have 2 strikes. 3 and you're out. Thanks for being real and sincere for your apology, but still give me a few days to think." I walk out and head back outside. I feel bad, but at the same time I don't because at the end of the day he put his self in that position.

_________________

JORDAN'S POV:

Finally, I have peace to myself. My house is much cleaner. My bad, I forgot to tell y'all what's up. It's been 2 days since that barbecue and I've been feeling better than ever. Me and Renee's situation is getting better and better every day. Yes, finally there's no but.

Today is Game 2 of the playoffs. Last game, I went off in my opinion. 30pts, 1reb, and 3asts. Including, Steph coming off the bench. Hadda step up, and take control for well-being. Anyways, I head to the arena for pregame-practice. I get to the locker room after showing them my ID. I see Renee and Aaija walking through the court to get to their offices. I yell their names out and walk up to them.

"What's up with y'all?" I ask them. Renee looks at me with a warm big smile. Aaija shows a small smile.
"We good. How 'bout you? Ready for the game?" They say in unison. I smile hella hard knowing Ima ball out today.
"I'm definitely ready for tonight. One more game in our territory and we 'goin over there. Tryna get locked in. I gotta head to practice before Coach kill me. See y'all later."

________________

RENEE'S POV:

Aaija and I watch Jordan jog off. Yes, we've been trying to get back to our college days. It's crazy how that was only like 3 years ago. Damnnnn, we've all known each other for such a long time. I feel like I've known J for over a decade now. Definitely hasn't been that long though.

Jordan has been there for me a long time now. It's about time I get him something that would make him happy. Ima come to all playoffs game that I can. Let's just pray that I can afford it. I got bank ain't no need to worry. Anyways, we go to our offices and we just clean up. That's all me and Aaija were here for.

2 HOURS LATER...

Warmups are going on right now. Aaija and I have courtside seats right in the middle. The best seats in a NBA arena. Aaija's getting us nachos and popcorn. Not tryna eat too heavy. I'm watching Denver warmup when I see Steph walking in my direction. He had a warm smile on his face.

"POWERS" He yells halfway to me.
"CURRY" I yell back playfully. He brings me into a big hug.
"How you 'doin kid? You ready?"
"Yes, I'm hype. I haven't hooped in so long. As well as watched it. The question is are you ready?"
"I'm ready. You know that. I'm coming off the bench again tonight, for Jordan to get some playing time early." He says too happy when he said Jordan's name.
"Jordan did really well yesterday." I say smiling.

I feel a presence behind me and Steph smiles at them. I turn around and I see Aaija carrying all of our food. Steph sees that and helps her set down the food on our seats. He gives her a hug and they speak for about 2 minutes when Jordan approaches me.
"Hey J"
"Hey Powers"
"You ready??" I look up at him with admiration.
"Yeah, are you?"
"Duhhh, drop 25+ for me if you can." I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him.
"Ight, see you later. We gotta go Steph."

_____________

jay's notes !

sorry i'm off schedule. i didn't make the basketball team and my head been all over the place. but i'm good now tho. thank you for reading. warriors pissing me off tho. still love em tho. ASTROS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!! MY TEAMMM ! btw peña's MY MAN