XV

FROM LAST CHAPTER...

I feel a presence behind me and Steph smiles at them. I turn around and I see Aaija carrying all of our food. Steph sees that and helps her set down the food on our seats. He gives her a hug and they speak for about 2 minutes when Jordan approaches me.
"Hey J"
"Hey Powers"
"You ready??" I look up at him with admiration.
"Yeah, are you?"
"Duhhh, drop 25+ for me if you can." I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him.
"Ight, see you later. We gotta go Steph."

________________

RENEE'S POV:

I sit down next to Aaija and get ready for the starting lineups. I'm so happy for this team. I look over at Aaija and she's staring at me like I've grown another head. I raise my eyebrows at her which makes her stop. I get my bag of popcorn and nibble a little until I really get hungry. I don't wanna be hangry mid game, so I'm eating right now. I really want Jordan to drop close to his career-high which is 38 points. He deserves the chip so bad.

They've started the Warriors lineup, and when they called Jordan's name he walked out the little lineup the team creates and made eye contact with me. We smile softly at eachother and the lights come back on. Steph, Klay, and Looney do their little routine at the commentators desk and get in their positions. Chase Center is pumped with the most energy I've seen in my whole 2 years of being here.

3 QUARTERS LATER...

It's 4th quarter and we're up 20 and Steph is coming down the court with the ball and does a hesi'-crossover on Green. He gives the ball to Draymond for a screen. He dribbles to the right and Jordan comes from the corner and asks for the ball. He catches and shoots straight into a three. He banks it in and celebrates by doing finger guns to his defender. The team gets back on defense and Steph spots an open passing lane and steals the ball. He looks back and he sees Jordan coming behind him, he throws a lob to Jordan and he dunks it. I stand up doing the muscle pose celebrating with Jordan. He sees me and smiles.

AFTER THE GAME...

The game ended about 20 minutes ago. The ending score was 106-126, Warriors. Jordan scored 29 points. I'm waiting for Jordan to come over to mine and Aaija's seats after he's done talking to his fans and teammates. I'm watching him from a distance and I see he's making his way over here. I start walking to him with a great big smile on my face. He's replicating the same smile as me. I give a big and I feel my feet come off the ground. He swings me around for a bit but then puts me down.

"I'm so proud of you Anthony." I say over the noise.
"Thank you Renee. How'd you like my performance?"
"I loved it. You dropped 29 I think if I counted right. You went off. It's definitely your time to shine."
"Yeah, I did. I tried my best I could. When I passed 25 I thought of you." Him saying this reminded me of warmups when I asked him to drop 25+ for me if he could.
"Oh yeahh, just know I'm really proud of you. I really didn't think you were going to drop that much for me. I'm glad we are rekindling our relationship." I admit after these many months.
"Well you know I lo- appreciate you."
"I appreciate you too Anthony. Call me when you get home." I pat his chest and go to find Aaija who's talking to Kuminga.

"Girl, we gotta go. It's getting late."
"Ight. Nice meeting you Johnathan."
"Nice to meet you too Aaija." He says looking her up and down.
"Okayyy girllll. I see you with ya' lil boo thang." I say smirking.
"Girl- go sit down somewhere."

_________________

jay's notes

holaa, comó esta las chicas y las chicos!
i'm back and better. here's the first one. monday will be the second one. tuesday will be the 2nd one. i'm gettin knotless on tuesday tho so idk WHEN i might post it. bye y'all!