Prologue

21 Years Before Present Time

?: I'll kill you!

?: You won't, because you aren't strong enough. You were never strong enough. All you are is a cowardly pirate scrapping the bottom of the barrel for coins.

?: SHUT UP!!

The sound of clashing swords resonates from an open field. Two men are clashing in a heated battle to the death. One fights for the death of his foe, the other fights to protect his family. Who will win this clash?

Elsewhere

Huff. Huff. Huff.

An elderly woman is seen running away from the battle all while holding a small child, sleeping as if nothing was happening.

?: I may not make it far, I'm too old to be out here running. But I'll do it. I'll do it for the little one.

She says ducking and weaving trees and bushes like she's still young.

?: 'If I can just make it to the coast line, we'll be home free. Just hang on honey, grandma's gonna get us out of here'

The woman soon reaches a cliff with a small boat docked at the bottom. She flings herself off the cliff, clutching onto the now crying baby and lands on the ground with little to no hassle.

?: Still got it.

She dashes for the boat. Upon reaching it she sets the child down and unties the rope fastening them to the dock. As the ship sails away she looks upon the island she once called home. Now with her grandson in her arms she cries, as the waves push her farther and farther away from her only son.

Back at the Field

?: I told you, you couldn't beat me. Now look at you.

The mysterious man is then shown holding a severed arm in his hand. The viewpoint shifts to show a heavily wounded man missing that same arm. This man is known as Knight Damien a Vice Admiral of the Marines.

Damien: You can take my life but you won't take my kid's. I've made sure of that. She'll find him one day.

?- She never loved you, you know that right? That's why she left you to raise him.

The man says with a sadistic smile. Damien only wears a smirk on his face. This sends the man into a blind rage

?- RAAHHHHHH!!!

The man slashes through Damien's chest, killing him instantly. He breathes heavily staring at the now dead man and begins to laugh a loud and victorious laugh.

TimeSkip

3 years after the death Damien, Y/n's grandmother died by the hands of pirates. Y/n was then taken to Sabaody Archipelago and sold off. Darkness. A sense of helplessness. Shackles binding his wrists and neck. He was then auctioned off to a huge burly woman, pale skinned, with the known hairstyle of an Celestial Dragon along with their known suit. Y/n doesn't actually remember much from living with her but remembers when he turned 7 years old his life changed drastically. On that day he was given to the Marines in hopes of them making him stronger.

When he got there all eyes was on him. Y/n was then taken to a part of the base where other kids his age resided. Those kids were being trained to become the next wave of marines.

Y/n quickly joins and begins to climb the student bracket, and within four years was the strongest marine trainee. Seeing as he was strongest, he was placed under the tutelage of none other than Vice Admiral Garp. He was then trained in various arts and gained actual combat experience. They've built something like a mentor and student relationship. But the old man wants the boy to call him gramps.

Garp: Oi Zelly get up!

Y/n: Eh? 'It's too early. Why am I being woken up from my sleep?' Gramps are we at the village?

 Why am I being woken up from my sleep?' Gramps are we at the village?

Gramps: Yes now get up or I'll leave you here.

Y/n gets up immediately. Last time he left Y/n on the boat, he almost got eaten by a sea king. If it wasn't for another sea king intervening he would have died.

Gramps: Let's go we made it to Foosha Village.

Y/n bursts out of his room and runs up to the deck of the ship, just in time to see a small village. On their way towards the dock he sees a big women with orange hair and a small boy with a straw hat. As they dock the boy comes running up to Gramps only to get flicked on the forehead by the older man.

Luffy: WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!?

Gramps: DADAN TELLS ME YOU RAN OFF WITH THOSE PIRATES AGAIN!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BECOME A MARINE LIKE ME!

Luffy: MARINES ARE BORING, I'M GONNA BE THE KING OF THE PIRATES!

After he said that he got smacked in the head making him face plant in the ground.

The entire time Y/n is just standing there with confusion plastered on my face.

Y/n: Gramps who is this kid?

Luffy: Who you calling a kid? I'm a pirate!!

Y/n: Right... who is this "pirate"?

Gramps: This is my nuisance of a grandson, Luffy.

Y/n: Oh ok. Well nice to meet you. Guess this makes me your big bro.

He says holding his hand out to shake. Luffy grins a huge smile and shakes Y/n's hand.

Over the years the two would build a brotherly bond. That would obviously include the other two boys on the island. They unfortunately drift apart when Y/n began to receive recognition and more assignments. It's been 5 years since the last time he's seen them.