13

Georgia- Talking
'Georgia'- Thinking

Y/n has been training with Lucia for the past month and to say it's hell is an understatement. Currently Y/n is facing of with an oversized bear with wings. Y/n is getting his ass whooped.

Lucia: Cmon Zel, you can do better than that! And remember, cuff the pockets! Cuff the pockets!

Y/n goes for a jab at the animal's throat only for it to dodge and kick him on the head. Y/n gets sent flying into a small river nearby and stands to his feet. Blood begins to cloud his vision from the last attack.

Y/n: 'Ok close range is a no-go, mid range it is'. Tempest Lance!

The kick heads for the bear only for it to simply bat the attack away with ease. It then flaps it's wings sending a gust of wind at Y/n sending him back on his ass. The bear follows up with a barrage of punches, ending with an upper cut that send Y/n flying.

Y/n: Got dammit!

Lucia merely sighs and walks up to the bear. The thing roars in her face trying to intimidate her, seeing that it didn't work it raises its fists to strike when Lucia punches him dead in his chest with a arm coated in black substance. The bear freezes up and passes out.

Y/n: What was that? *huff*

Y/n says from behind Lucia. Lucia turns around and sends a straight punch to Y/n's face and stops centimeters from contact. Y/n doesn't flinch and grabs her arm, inspecting the black substance.

Lucia: It's called Haki. It's essentially the manifestation of your spiritual energy or your willpower. Everyone is capable of learning to use it, but not everyone can master it.

Y/n: Why haven't I heard of this power before?

Y/n says as he lets go of Lucia's arm once he sees that the black part is all gone.

Lucia: You weren't ready for it then. Honestly, I'm not sure if you are ready for it now.

Y/n: Why not?!

Lucia: I'm not sure your willpower is strong enough. It's really a 50/50 chance with you.

Y/n is shocked. Not angry like most would be, but shocked.

Y/n: Wh-what makes you say that.

Lucia sighs and looks out at the void of clouds. She opens her mouth to speak

Lucia: You say you wanted to get away from the marines yes? Why did it take one of your "brothers" dying to finally get you to do it?

Y/n looks at the ground.

Lucia: Well? I'm waiting for an answer.

The silence continues.

Lucia: I'll tell you what I think then. I think you were scared. You grew up around Garp so you clung to him as a savior. Then as time went on you merely did whatever it is he told you to do. You were scared that he would leave you all alone and hunt you down for betraying him. So you stayed. You stayed so you wouldn't have to see the disappointment in his face. Stop me when I'm wrong.

She says looking back at the boy. Y/n just looks at the ground, holding back tears.

Y/n: You are right and wrong. I was scared but not of Gramps. I was scared that the dragons would have someone come find me.

Lucia: What's the difference between that and what I just said.

She asks quizzically.

Y/n: The difference between the two is that the Celestials would want me alive as a slave and torture me, like they did back then.

Y/n begins to shake violently as he remembers those times. Lucia puts a hand on his head and Y/n calms down.

Y/n: That's why I didn't run. I never wanted my worse fear to come to fruition.

Lucia: It will never happen Y/n. Not so long as I'm your aunt, and if it does I'll kill whoever enslaved you.

Y/n chuckles at her comment then looks up at her.

Y/n: Thanks auntie.

Lucia: Anytime. Now enough with the sappy shit, you've got a bear to take down. The key to using haki is to envision your spiritual energy wrapping around the arm or leg you will use to attack. Once you get the hang of that, it will soon become second nature.

Y/n eyes burn with determination as he walks up to the now awake and pissed bear.The bear screams out loud and jumps high in to the air and comes crashing down. Y/n jumps back and escapes the impact. The two then have a stare down, both waiting for the other to move. The bear sprouts it's wings and dashes at Y/n.

Y/n: 'Imagine the spiritual energy wrap around my arm.'

Time seems to slow for Y/n as he focuses completely on trying to conjure up his spiritual energy. Slowly, the entirety of his arm is wrapped in a black solid substance. The bear is now directly in front of Y/n and hurling a punch at the boy. Y/n throws an open palm at the beast causing a shockwave to occur. The bear is then sent flying through the tree line and knocked unconscious again.

Lucia: My, my. What strength, it's seems that you are capable of using haki. Let's speed up your training then. I'll have you ready to fight in 16 months. It's gonna be worse than anything you've ever faced, think you can handle it?

Y/n looks down at his black covered arm and flexes. He looks up and smile with determination.

Y/n: Yeah let's do it auntie.

Lucia: Also, you aren't allowed to ever pick up a pair of nunchucks to fight ever again.

Y/n crosses his arms, raises an eyebrow and rebuttals.

Y/n: Huh? Why?

Lucia: They are a hindrance. They are a symbolic shackle that you need to get rid of. They represent the old you. Now, you'll learn the basics to the techniques that I'm teaching.

Y/n puffs his cheeks

Y/n: And why am I learning a completely new style?

Lucia: Simply put, yours sucks ass. If you're gonna have a passive aggressive fighting style, at least be somewhat aggressive.

Lucia says walking away, Y/n follows after her trying to catch up.

Y/n: What do you mean?! Are you saying I'm not aggressive enough?!

Lucia: That's exactly what I'm saying.