16

When we step out of the car I help Mia to the door as Ezra walks behind. Mia steps inside her apartment. "Well thank you for the ride" I say. He gives me a smile then it fades away quickly. "Ezra I...I don't think this will ever work, I never liked you and you hated me, it's best if we never talk again" I say then before he can answer I close the door.

It's hard knowing we won't speak again. And I lied I liked him, a lot but with time I will forget him. I already know that when father finds out Ezra kicked me out he's going to want to kill me. I'm scared but also angry that Ezra sent me home to my hell of a father.

I take my shoes off and walk into the living room. Mia is on the red couch and I fall beside her. We are both so tired and drunk. It was a really bad idea to party so late when we have work tomorrow. "How are you feeling" I ask her. She mumbles something I can not hear. Then after a while she says "I hope that man lives unhappy, you deserve someone so much better"

"Go to sleep now Mia" I say smiling. And I know I should want to hate Ezra but I don't think I will ever want him to be unhappy.

***

The next day we make some breakfast then leave for work. Both so extremely tired.

"I don't think I will attempt another party ever again" I say leaning on the counter. Mia smiles. "It was an awful night, I wasn't even supposed to get drunk." She says placing her hand on her forehead disappointed. "From now on we will only do girls night" she says and I nod.

"What did you and Ezra talk about?" She asks. And as much as I would want to forget it I do remember every detail. How I told him about my dreams about him and that I had feeling for him. Oh please I'm so embarrassed. "Well you did give him what he deserved" I say and we both laugh. "I sure did" she adds.

Time passes and it's time to leave. I say bye to Mia and head home.

"Big day huh?" Alex says when I'm half up the stairs. "Yea it's been a lot lately" I tell him. "Want to talk about it?"

"Not today" I say giving him a smile as I keep walking up the stairs. My brother has always waited for everyone to come home before he went to sleep. He says he can't sleep until everybody is in their beds. While my father beats us up if we come home after 11.

I walk up to my room and sleep immediately.

***

It's been one week. And I keep lying to my father saying Ezra will take me back! He just has business to do and sent me home for a few weeks. He believes them.

But today he seemed angrier. He told me to come to his office. I open the door to his room and step inside. He sits on his usual seat behind his desk. "You wanted to see me father?" I say scared. "Do you know why I sold you to the Perez family?" He says and I look at him not answering.
"Well it was for the money but most of all because you are useless to me, you are a weak rat" he says making tears fill my eyes. But I keep it together. "I called Kendric Perez today and asked him about you" he says and I suddenly feel like I can't breathe. My heart beats become faster out of fear. "Father I can explain" I try to talk but he slams his palm on his desk making me jump.

"You should be dead, fucking bitch. Oh how I wish I could kill you right now" he says smirking. "Please" I beg him. I'm not ready to die.

"But if you agree on going back to the Perez house and be the wife you were supposed to be I will let you live" he says. I don't know what to answer. Will Ezra even take me in. After what I told him. "You have to be in that house in an hour or you will be dead, do you accept!" Father raises his voice and I nod fast. "Yes I will go back" I mumble then get out of his room.

I hurry to get my phone and call Ezra. I don't know when I got his number memorized but apparently I did. I wait for an answer but he doesn't pick up.

I've called him for the 15 time but he declines it every time. God I will die if I can't make this work. I can't keep calling him. I wipe away my tears and rush out of this house. It's so late but I have to tell him everything.

I take a taxi to his mansion. I rush up to the front door but the guards won't let me in.
"I just have to talk to Ezra" I say but they won't move and let me pass. "Please it's an emergency" I try to tell them. They remain where they are. I don't have much time left and the only hope I had was Ezra. I get it I wouldn't want to talk to me either, he hates me now more than ever.

I drop to the floor crying. How will Eloise ever go on with her life if she knows her father killed me. I can't die not for me but for my siblings and mom. Mom would be devastated. I keep on crying. The guards then grab me by my arms and try to walk me out of here. "Please Ezra I need you" I yell and I hear the door open.
"Let her go." Oh how happy I am to hear his voice. I turn around as the guards walks back to where they were.

I walk up to Ezra who's only looking at my crying face. Without hesitation he makes a rough noise and picks me up. I wrap my legs around him and rest my face against his neck. And my mascara is probably everywhere. He walks me to the living room and places me down on the couch. He takes a seat beside me and waits for what I have to say. "he's going to kill me" I mumble and he stops.

"What?" He says. "He knows that you didn't want me and said that if you don't take me back he would kill me" I cry. His hand go to my face. His thumb brushing away my tears. I lean into the hand.

"Let me kill him" he says but I cant. He will hurt those I love even when he's gone. He has guys who will hurt my family and they are everything I have. I can't put them at risk. "I'm sorry Ezra, I can't let you do it" I say. He lets out a sight but he understands. He knows what will happen. "I just need you to say yes and I will protect you and your family." He says but I shake my head. "I'm too scared" I cry.

"You can tell your father you are my wife again" he says then takes me upstairs to my room. We part ways to different rooms.

Back at the Perez house how do we feel?
God I really hate her father. I do not support people calling others bitch but it's good for the story. Love y'all<3