44

"Amelia I can't let you do it, after what he tried to do today, he's dangerous even when dying" Ezra says driving the car. "Ezra I'm not going to change my mind, if you aren't taking me to him I will go myself" I say determined. I can see how stressed this makes him. But I know he would rather be there to protect me than me going by myself. So he drives me to Kendric.

He parks the car and I storm out. I can't let yet another person ruin me. I can't take it anymore. I run upstairs and Ezra follows me. "I'm going in alone" I tell him before stepping inside Kendrics room. He's coughs as I get closer.

"Look who it is" Kendric says his voice raspy. He's having trouble breathing correctly. I couldn't care less. He is the reason I was miserable. "I won't let you ruin me again, I've come here to talk." I say.

"You don't care about anyone. I want this to be over, this fight between me and you. Why is it that you dislike me so much." I say feeling anger rush through my body. "He is mine, a weapon by my side" Kendric says smiling not answering what I asked.

"He is no one's weapon and I am not your enemy" I say wanting him to understand that I am no threat to him. He has hated me ever since I came here.

"You are not an enemy huh? Then tell me why my son came running to me, and begged me to let you live. He begged and swore to me he would do anything if I would just let you live." Kendric says.

"He has never begged me for anything in his life. I haven't trained him to act like a weak pice of shit. I won't let you stand in the way of making him the most powerful mafia." He says.

Does Ezra even want all of this. Does he want to be that powerful?

"And I won't let you stand in the way of his happiness! I swear that if you ever try to kill me again I I will fucking end you. You sick psycho" Is the last thing I say before stepping out of his dirty room.

I spot Ezra walking back and forth. He then sees me. "How'd it go?" He asks looking everywhere on my body. "Did he hurt you, or touch you?" He says nervous.

"I'm fine, but your father really gets on my nerves" I say smiling out of anger. "He can be really shitty" Ezra says agreeing.

"Ezra I want you to tell me about him, about your past" I say and I think it caught him of guard because he doesn't know what to say. "It's a long story" he says.

"Well we got 12 hours til my school starts, think that's enough time?" I ask jokingly. He lets out a big sigh. I'm not going to push him more but I really want to know.

"If you do not want to tell me..." I don't get to finish as he cuts me off. "I want to" he says taking my hand softly and leading me to his room.

I sit on his bed getting ready for a long story. "Alright it all kind of started when my mother died." He begins.

***

"He sometimes cut my leg open to show me how to survive, I had to sit in the cold woods finding a way home. He made me do shit like this to make me strong I guess." Ezra says. I have cried for the past hour.

He told me how his mother died and I can see how much it hurts him. I know it isn't easy to say these things. It's not fair he had to go through all of this at such a young age.

"So as the years went by I just did as he said because if I did otherwise I would be punished. I stayed away from everyone and suddenly one day I had become one of the most feared mafia out there. I was a weapon in war. It was easier doing as I was told because then I never had to worry about losing someone again"
He says trying to hold himself together.

"You have been through so much, I'm so sorry" I say crying.

"Don't do that" he says trying not to look at me. "What" I ask wiping my tears. "Don't feel bad for me" he says his lip twitching. He doesn't want to cry I know but I think he need it this time. He's been holding onto this for too long.

"It's fine you can let it out" I say slowly getting closer to him. I hug him as he digs his head into my neck. I hold him there as he for the first time cries with me.

"I live in constant fear because I think something will happen to you, I can't sleep at nights because I think something terrible will happen" he admits. "Oh Ezra...nothing will happen to me. I won't ever leave you again" I say bringing our foreheads together.

***

Ezra dropped me off at home. And I can't help but think about everything he has told me. He's been put through so much. It's horrible things. All of that he managed to go through alone. I can't even imagine how hard it must have been not having anyone to talk to. I always had my mother and siblings when something happened. He was all alone.

We will both heal. And having him as my friend isn't so bad. We both need each other.

"Amelia?" Alex says from outside my room. "Come in" I yell.
He steps inside. What the heck has happened to his face. His eye is bruised and his lip is cut. "Oh my god what happened" I say covering my mouth.

"It isn't so easy being a leader you know" he says making it seem like it isn't a big deal. "Alex your face" I point out. "Yeah well shit happens so what, I came to check on you" he says not wanting to talk about himself.

"I was at the Perez mansion" I say and before Alex can yell at me I stop him. "Before you tell me how stupid I am, I know this is what I want. I need him and Ezra needs me, it's all a long story but I want you to understand that this is my choice" I say leaving Alex speechless.

"I would never call you stupid, but really...him again" he says annoyed at Ezra. My brother has never liked him. Maybe because he knows the marriage was forced in the beginning. And I mean Ezra hasn't been the nicest to Alex. I just wish people could see what I see.

"But this time we have decided to stay friends" I say making Alex relax a bit. "Alright but if that boy ever hurts you again..." he pauses.

"He won't I'm sure" I say as alex nods. He gets out of my room and I pick up my phone.

Shit.

Kai has texted me.