46

It's my birthday today. Only Alex and Mia knows this. But I don't want them to celebrate me. I hate birthdays just because my father used to beat me more on these days. I never knew why. Maybe because he couldn't stand the fact that people wanted to make me happy. He always wanted me to suffer. Now every year all I can do is cry on my birthdays. It's a reminder of him and I can't get his face out of my way.

I decide to go to school even when I feel like I'm about to burst out crying.

Mia has texted me happy birthday. It's sweet that she remembered. Alex came down earlier today and gave me his present. He bought me a journal. He said that I keep things to my self so often it could be good for me to write down my feelings on paper. I think that might be a good idea actually.

I'm at school now and my next class is with Kai. I haven't talked to him since his party. He was so... drunk I guess but he kept touching me, making me uncomfortable.

I take a seat far back today to avoid him. Kai walks inside and spots me. Of course he sees me. I just want to be alone today. Just this day.

"Why so far back?" He asks taking the seat beside me. "Felt like it" I answer before opening my book and start reading. I don't t know why I'm being this cold. After all it was I who promised him a second chance. But it feels weird being around him now. It's like he still has feelings for me and he's always so clingy.

I just want this god damn day to be over. I should've just stayed home today. When class ends I grab my things fast and try to walk away from Kai but he follows me. Great.

"Amelia?" He says grabbing my arm to turn to him. I look at him confused. "I feel like you are avoiding me have I done something?" He says.

Well what does one say when you regret taking him back in your life because he makes you uncomfortable. "No, I'm just having a tough week" is all I say. "I was going to ask if you wanted to eat lunch with me" he says as we walk outside of school for some fresh air.

"Ehh..." I try to come up with something to avoid walking with him. It's not because I want to be rude. It's just that on this day I can only think of my father. Everything reminds me of him. And if someone asks me 'how are you' I will start to cry. I don't want that to happen, not in front of so many people.

As I'm about to answer I spot Ezra's car. There is my chance to escape this school day. "Sorry I'm meeting up with someone else" I say waving goodbye to Kai.

I walk up to Ezra. He knows nothing about what day it is because I haven't told him. He probably has a lot on his mind already.

He opens his arms for me as I hug him. I smile taking in his scent.
"Happy birthday love" he says and I open my eyes in shock.

"But how.." I say looking up at him. "You really thought I didn't know your birthday?" He says smiling.

"I never told you" I say and somehow I'm happy he knows. It's like he makes me forget all of the bad things. "I have known since the day you came home with me" he says making me blush.

"Common I'm kidnapping you from school today, I don't think anyone would want to spend their 19 birthday here" he says opening the car door for me. I nod in agreement as I jump in the car.

Ezra parks the car in front of a small house. It's quiet and calm. The trees swinging with the wind and birds singing. It's peaceful. I take in the fresh air as I step out the car.

I stand in front of this little house. It's black and has a lot of windows. It's got a cute little garden on the front with a lot of flowers.
"What is this place? I love it" I say stepping closer to him. He keeps his eyes on me.

"It's yours" he says. What. "No way" I say out of shock.
"It's our new place, you can come here whenever you feel like the world is too much" he says making me almost cry. I don't have anything to say. Words can't describe how thankful I am. He then takes my hand and walks me inside. The kitchen and the living room are all in one room. It's so cozy. It even has a bonfire inside.

"Ezra this is beautiful, I can't accept it" I say knowing this has cost so much for him. "You deserve so much more" he says. I lay my head on his chest as we walk into the bedroom.

On the bed there is a small box. "Are you kidding me! There is more" I say because this is more than I've ever dreamt of.

I sit on the bed as he picks up the box and hands it to me. "Hope you like it" he says nervously.

I open the box. Inside there is a necklace.  It's a golden heart. I open it in the middle.

Sometimes home is a person
You are my home
-Ezra

I can't keep the tears form coming. It's beautiful. I can't put into words how much this means to me. "Did you like it?" He asks watching me cry. I look at him smiling. "Are you kidding me, I love it, thank you so much Ezra" I say jumping into his arms hugging him tight.

I pull away slightly to see his face. "You are my home too, I love you" I say as he takes my face in his hands. Looking so deep into my eyes I get lost in his.
"I love you" he says then smashes his lips onto mine.

I break the kiss because I'm so exited to spend our first night here. I want it to be special. "Can you help me put it on?" I ask as I hand him the necklace. I turn around and pull my hair up so he can get it on.

I place my hand on the beautiful stone and promise myself to never take this off.

"It looks good on you" Ezra says giving me a forehead kiss. "I will never take it of" I say giving him one last kiss before as we both head to the kitchen.

Apparently we are making dinner together. I don't think I've ever seen Ezra cook us dinner so this will be interesting. He's making some Italian pasta. It smells really good actually.

We put on music as I cook the pasta and he makes the sauce.
We both start to sing when Bruno mars starts playing.

***

"I'm so full" I say looking at my empty plate. I don't think I've ever eaten this much. Ezra picks the plates off the table and puts them in the sink.

He then walks back to me and grabs my hand and leads me to the couch in front of the bonfire. I lay my head on his shoulder and hold his hand. His fingers between each one of mine. This is perfect.

"Oh wait I forgot one thing" he says standing back up to grab something. He brings back a cupcake with a candle on it. He holds the cake between us and waits for me to blow it out. "Happy birthday" he says as I give him the brightest smile. I close my eyes to make a wish then blow it out.

He puts down the cake and we get back in our snuggle position. I can't keep my eyes off of him. How have I been so lucky. No one has ever done something like this for me.

"Did you have a good birthday?" He asks rubbing my hand with his thumb.

"Mhm, the best" I say smiling because it really were my best birthday ever. I've never felt this seen by anyone before. He makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. And I now trust him with all of my heart.

"Are you tired?" He asks giving me a head kiss. I smile because I know what that means. I look up at him. "Not even the slightest" I say as I go in to kiss him. It's slow and passionate. I then change my position and go on top of him. He grabs my hips and moves me to get in a comfortable position.

He smiles against my lips "I fucking love you" he says then kisses me again making my heart skip a beat.

I am totally in love with this man.

Hope you guys liked it! I had really fun writing this chapter.

And sorry for not posting a lot, I'm just not so motivated right now.