36

~Amelia~

I get home and run up to Ezra to tell him about my day. He listens to me for so long. I sometimes wonder how he bears with all my talking. "I'm sorry your probably so tired" I say trying to shut my mouth. "I like it when you talk" Ezra says smiling giving me the sweetest eyes. "How are you feeling?" I ask because he's been a little down these past few days.

"I'm fine" he says taking his shirt off to put on the cream the doctor gave. "Here let me help" I say as he sits down on his chair. I unwrap the bandage to put on the cream. He flinches as I put it on. It probably hurts.

"My father is back in town" Ezra says. Kendrick hasn't been around a lot. He only visits Ezra if he needs work done. "What does he want?" I ask putting the bandage back.

"He said he's staying with us for a while" Ezra says looking mad. "How does that feel?" I ask because I know he doesn't like it. "Fucking shit" he mumbles. I don't think Kendrick and Ezra ever had a good relationship. Ezra was so happy until today. "I guess we have to bare with Kendrick for just a little while." I say as Ezra nods.

He stands up and picks me up. I gasp out of shock. "What are you doing" I ask smiling in his arms. "Getting in the shower with my wife" Ezra says and closes the bathroom door. I love this man.

***

~Ezra~

She sleeps so peacefully in my arms. I trace the shape of her face with my hand lightly. Memorizing every part of it. How her nose slightly bends upwards. How her lips gets all puffy when she sleeps. How her eyebrows are so identical to one another. The way her cheeks always stays pink. I love it all. She is perfect. Too perfect for anyone like me.

A knock on the door. Amelia stays asleep. She really is a deep sleeper. I stand up to open the door. One of the maids. "Sorry to disturb you sir but your father is here" she says. Shit.

I give her a nod then step outside letting Amelia sleep. I find myself walking to the stairs but hesitate to walk downstairs. I let a big sigh out trying to stay strong as I continue to walk down.

"Ezra!" Father says out of excitement. As if he's ever been happy to see me. He opens his arms to hug me but I walk past him towards the living room. "Good to see you son" father says following me. We both take a seat on the couches. He sits right in front of me. Reminding me of so much.

"What is it that you want" I ask. He smiles for a second. Disgusting. "Well can't a father see his son" he says. I clench my fists but try to remain calm.

"Of course" I mumble.

He's always scared me. I've seen every side of this man and still he scares me. We have a very weird father son relationship. He sees me as his weapon, as a way of getting work done easily. I see him as the man who made me as terrible as him. Even worse.

"People talk about you, you know" father says looking mad. "I didn't raise you to have empathy for people son" he adds. Getting annoyed this time.

"And I realized when this started, when you started to get weak" he says as I just sit and listen. He motions his hands to one of his men. The man gives him two papers. "It all started when I forced you to marry that girl" father says. Where the hell is he going with this.

"So let's put an end to this marriage that you never wanted. Sign this paper and you two will be divorced as soon as she too signs this one" he says holding up both papers.

What the fuck. "No I won't do that" I say. I've never been happier and he wants to ruin it for me again. I'm sick of it. "I won't let a slut I picked out for you change everything I've worked on" he says anger building up. He slams the paper on the table. "Sign the damn paper Ezra" he says.