40

"I love it, have you seen the upstairs?" Alex asks loving the new house. Especially his room. "I'm happy you like it" I say smiling as I look around the house. It's not done but all the basics are there. "Could you see yourself living here?" I ask nervous he will say no. I really want my brother to move in with me.

"Are you kidding me I'm moving in today, it's amazing Amelia, you really have good taste" he says making me smile. "I know I do" I say giving myself credit.

"I will find a few guards to protect us" Alex says and I nod. He's been doing so good taking fathers role in the mafia. He tells me so little about everything that he does just because he knows I'm having a lot going on. Alex has been trained to take over after father all his life so it's nothing new to him. I'm happy it hasn't changed him. He's not and will never be evil.

Oh. Kai also asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes.

It's weird, we have only known each other for two weeks. But when he asked I panicked and just said yes. I don't want to hurt him. He's the sweetest. He really cares for me. He also asked me to be his date for a mafia ball. Of course I said yes. It's my favorite event. And maybe this will make my heart feel something more for Kai.

The ball is tonight. He will pick me up at 8 pm.

"Are you attending the ball?" I ask Alex. "Yup, I have to, it will be many people to talk business with" he says. I hope all of this doesn't get too much for him. Father left a lot of shit when he died, leaving my brother in all of it. I'm proud of how good of a leader he is.

"Alright I will have to pick out a dress now, see you tonight then" I say as we part ways. I only have the dress Ezra bought me and I refuse to put that one on. He sent me a suitcase with all of my clothes I had when I lived at his mansion. I haven't opened it yet, it reminds me too much of him. All the dresses he has bought me and his scent on every clothing. I just can't. So I ask Mia to make me company as I shop for a new dress.

We meet up at the dress store and go inside. "I wish I could attend this ball" she says. "Wait you want to attend?" I ask. I'm shocked because I thought she was scared of these things. I mean there will be mafias there after all.
"Yea but I'm not in the mafia" she says disappointed. "Trust me it's better to not be, but if you want to attend I have a way of getting you in" I say. Her face gets excited. "Wait how"

"Alex have no date I can force him to take you" I say laughing since I know they kind of don't get along. "Girl yes I'm so in" she says as I call Alex.

"What?"

"Alex do you have a date to the ball?"

"No I don't want one"

"Well too bad Mia is going with you"

"No thanks"

"Oh common she has never attended a ball before let her have her moment"

"Ahh...fine just this once"

"Love you" I say as I hang up. "Let's get us some pretty dresses" I say. We she both picked out a few dresses to try on. Mia shows her picks first. The last one fitting her perfectly. It's a black dress with golden details. It has a slit on the side exposing a little leg. "You look so hot Mia" I say as she makes a spin. "This is the one" she says stepping back into the fitting room. I try on my first pick. It's so gorgeous. It's white with sparkles all over the dress. I don't even have to try on the others to know this is the one.

"Mia look at this" I say stepping out of the fitting room. She makes a happy scream covering her mouth. "You are perfection Amelia" she says smiling.

We both pay for the dresses we picked and head to my house. I've missed getting ready for things like this. Ezra always used to invite me to events.
No. Stop Amelia. No more Ezra.