Epilogue.

3rd Pov:
Barren.
The whole planet of Remnant is now nothing but a barren wasteland.
There was no life anymore as far as the eye can see.
However, 1 ball of light can be seen in the ruins of what was left of Salem's palace.
It was revealed to be Y/n regenerating from the aftermath of his most important battle.
Once he was fully regenerated, his eyes opened to reveal that his eyes are now permanently silver colored, & building up tears of sorrow.
Then, the brother gods stood before him one more time.

God of Light; "You have successfully fulfilled the prophecy, but at a very high cost

God of Light; "You have successfully fulfilled the prophecy, but at a very high cost. We are sorry for your loss"

Y/n; "...I know. Now I'm in the same situation my mother was in so many years ago. But this time, I won't make the same mistakes she made"

God of Darkness; "Unlike your mother, you have learned the importance of life and death really well"

God of Light; "Now you know that the people you care for will always be with you in spirit. Since this was humanity's last chance & have been wiped out, this world no longer has any purpose. Once you leave, Remnant will cease to exist"

Y/n; "Even if I wanted to leave now, where do I go from here? I've got nowhere else to go now"

God of Light; "You'll know when an opportunity presents itself. We shall take our leave now, & there's a chance that you might never see us ever again"

Light/Darkness; "Farewell, guardian of the Multiverse"

& with that, the gods changed into their dragon forms & flew away to the possible farthest reaches of the Multiverse.

Y/n's Pov:
So, now I'm the only one left.
I'm now back to square one before I 1st arrived.
Before I leave, I decided to take 1 last stroll through this world I'll soon miss so much & sang 1 more song in honor of my friends & family.

When I finished, I was just about to cry again when a new voice came out of nowhere.

?; "Dear sweet Y/n. Your sacrifice has not been in vain"

I already knew that this voice sounded feminine, but proper too.
So I turned around to see who was behind me, & was shocked to see who it was!

Y/n; "What the-? Midna?"

Midna; "I can see that introductions are not necessary right now"

Y/n; "I don't... understand. You should be in the Twilight Realm with your people. Why are you here?"

Midna; "Ever since Link defeated Ganondorf & I returned to my home, I have decided to do research on the Multiverse, & found more ways to visit other dimensions without the Twilight Mirror. As I said before, your sacrifice has not been in vain"

Y/n; "...What do you mean by that?"

Midna; "Before you commenced your final attack, I used my power to save your friends & family from that chandelier. They're in the Twilight Realm now, recovering & healing from what happened here, but still very much alive"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing!
They actually survived?!

Y/n; "...If that's true, then what am I supposed to do about it?"

Midna; "Since the Twilight Mirror is destroyed, there is another way to travel to my world. But in order to do that, you will need to pass a series of trials to prove that you are pure of heart throughout the Multiverse. Until you have been proven ready, everyone you ever cared for will be treated well when you come back for them. Until then, I wish you luck"

& Midna used magic to return to her world.
Now that I know that my friends have actually survived, my life has meaning again.
So with my new power, I opened a gateway to the Multiverse & set out to find & pass these trials.
Until the day comes when we can all be together again, this will be the day we've waited for.

THE END.

Author's note; (Just to let you know, the title of the sequel is "Trials of the Knight Guardian". What trials await for our hero? & will he be reunited with his loved ones? Stay tuned. Until then, keepreading!)