Chapter 1: Through the Looking Glass

"Eveline, you're on in 30," a voice called through the actress's dressing room door.

Eveline gazed at her appearance in the mirror. She was finally getting to perform her dream role. She had always wanted to at least be in Phantom, but to be Christine...was nothing short of a dream come true.

"I'll be out in a minute," she responded, still halfway in a dream-like state.

As she stared at her reflection, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end all of a sudden.

It felt like someone was watching her.

Rubbing her neck gently, she turned around. But, of course, no one was there.

"Hello?" Eveline asked to the open space, grimacing at the cliche, horror-movie final girl move.

While she expected to hear nothing, she did hear something.

It was a voice. A man's voice.

"I am your Angel of Music. Come to me, Angel of Music."

Eveline froze, that voice...that tune...both were so familiar.

The voice was that of Gerard Bulter.

Was someone playing a prank on her? Trying to scare her with the voice of her stage crush, Erik Destler?

Eveline was compelled to look back at the mirror, a small part of her wishing to see that iconic mask of the man that made shivers run down her spine.

And her wish was granted.

Her eyes widened at the shape in her mirror. She could vaguely see her own reflection, but her attention was captivated by the tall man silhouetted in the mirror, moonlight from her window seeping into the room and making the stark white mask covering half of his face glow.

Reaching out towards the glass to see if she was dreaming, Eve was entranced by his voice as he sang once more.

"I am your Angel of Music. Come to me, Angel of Music."

Once she touched the mirror, rather than feeling the cold glass, her hand sank into it like water. She pulled away quickly, looking at her hand in shock.

She glanced back up at the figure in her mirror, watching as he raised a gloved hand towards her, a soft smile gracing his lips.

He was calling to her.

He was urging her to follow him to the seat of sweet music's throne.

And though she wanted to resist, her soul obeyed.

She raised a hand once more, her arm passing through the material of the mirror that still felt like water.

She reached out to take his hand, feeling the cool leather of his glove.

Before she could react, he pulled her forward, being her entirely into the mirror.

That's when it all went black.