Pool Party/War

Chapter 3: "Pool Party/War"

[Y/N POV]

I chased my two friends through what seemed to be the back door leading to a long staircase. My feet declined the stairs as fast as they could behind Ekko as Yasuo jumped off, creating a small gust of wind underneath him, cushioning his fall.

Y/N: "That's cheating, you dick!"

I yelled at him, which he just returned with a taunting gesture before running towards the body of water.

He ripped his shirt off, but before he could make it into the water, a fast figure ran past him, leaping into the pool.

Akali breached from under the water's surface with a celebratory cheer as Yasuo groaned at his loss.

Akali: "Yes! I win ahahahahaha!"

She gave a classic evil laugh at the end.

Yasuo: "That's not fair! Your power is literally speed, you shouldn't count."

[A/N: From what I could tell, she has some sort of speed boost while her combat abilities were learned in the Kinkou order. If I'm wrong, that's my bad, but I will probably keep her like this because it seems cooler and more fluid for future events.]

Ekko and I caught up to the two, smirking at the disappointed Yasuo.

Y/N: "I don't know, you used your powers to get ahead of us, so I say it's fair game."

Ekko: "I second that."

Yasuo stared at us with a betrayed face.

Yasuo: "Whatever. Just throw me to the curb as soon as you get another friend. It's not like I care anyway."

The pouting wanderer grumbled as he turned away with a dejected expression.

Ekko put his hand over his shoulder, pulling him close.

Ekko: "Come on, don't be like that. You wanna know why you shouldn't be down?... Because we're playing war, baby!!"

He yelled the last part as he jumped up and down excitedly, Yasuo soon joining in with him as they both let out their overflowing excitement.

I, too, got excited as I watched Yasuo's mood switch in an instant.

That was one of the things I loved most about them. Our ability to hype each other up was unparalleled, as just one sentence from each other could turn a mood around entirely. If it wasn't for these two keeping my mood up, I would have probably left within the first 10 minutes of entering the penthouse.

Ekko: "Come on Akali, get out. We have to finish blowing up the last of our inflatables."

He waved Akali out of the pool as she obliged and pulled herself onto the cement. Her shoulders flexed as she used her arms to push herself upwards and out of the pool. As she stood up, I got a better look at her now that she took off her shirt.

She was wearing a bright blue, two-piece swimsuit, however, it covered less than a normal two-piece as the connector strings were skinnier and white. But the thing I really noticed was how ripped she was.

She wasn't big or swole, but she was clearly muscular. Her abs were the most apparent, but each muscle looked toned to perfection, and every part of her body looked fit.

I was impressed as contradictory to her easy-going and excitable personality that I had learned to know her for, this showed a crazy amount of work and dedication as it was extremely hard to get one's body so close to perfection as she had.