House Party/Apology

Chapter 12: "House Party/Apology"

[3rd Person POV]

Ahri checked the time, impatiently awaiting the arrival of Y/N. It had been a week since they had seen or heard from him, and it was taking a heavy toll on Ahri, specifically. As the distance between them grew, so did her need to be with him, which was only heightened by the attack at the mall. Although unrealistic, the imaginary situations depicting Y/N's death plagued her mind, and being unable to save him disturbed her.

The fox wasn't the only one who was distressed by the man's absence. Akali and Kai'Sa also looked rough, reeling from the hatred and hurt they had caused. Evelynn battled with the queasy feeling that had grabbed hold of her stomach but had done her best to ignore it, unsure of how to deal with the situation at hand.

*Ding*

The elevator doors slid open to reveal Y/N. The fluffy woman's eyes brightened at the sight of him, but he looked surprised at the state of her. The dark bags under her eyes highlighted her lack of sleep, and her tail and hair were disheveled and wild. Her loose clothing seemed to be crooked and out of place as she turned her body on the couch to get a better look at her employee.

A sense of relief washed over her as she was unsure whether he was returning or not. He hadn't texted them to inform them that he would be quitting, but he would also be well within his rights to pack up and never look back. Luckily for her, this wasn't the case; he had always planned to stay.

She quickly got up and embraced him in a hug. He tried to push her away lightly, but her grip was too tight, and he had no option but to remain in her grasp.

Ahri: "I'm so glad you came back."

Y/N: "Y-yeah. I wouldn't just leave without telling you."

Senna had never told him about their conversation, so he was confused by her notion that he wouldn't return, but ultimately, it was irrelevant as the answer had already arrived for the worried woman.

Ahri: "Let's go for dinner to celebrate! I'll tell the girls!"

Her expression brightened but faded as quickly as it grew when she saw the nervous, uncomfortable look that was plastered across his face.

Y/N: "Uh, I appreciate that, but we've talked about this. I'm only an employee."

Ahri: "Well, yeah..." the sound of disappointment carried through her words, "It would be a professional dinner to celebrate all the hard work you do for us."

She fibbed, hoping to get around his strict rules. He didn't seem to take to the twisting of interpretations, though, quickly shutting her down.

Y/N: "Ahri, you know that's not how this works... I'm sorry..."

She tried to force a smile, but it wouldn't form in the relieving and comforting way she had hoped. Instead, her lips curled into an uncomfortable and deformed grimace that told Y/N exactly how she was truly feeling.

Ahri: "Yeah, no, I understand... Still, I'm glad you're back."

Y/N: "Me too. Come get me when everybody's here so I can say hi."

He quickly headed to the room he had neglected for the past few weeks, leaving Ahri alone to continue wallowing in her lonesome.

Once again, she had failed, which is unfortunately something that has become all too common for her. With no help from Senna, she continued to struggle in her confused and emotional state, continuously attempting to break through the distant boys' barriers. She had almost no success since the beginning, leaving her scrambling for some sort of slack he would never give. Not to mention, she was receiving no help from anyone else.