Mall/Attack

Chapter 11.5: "Mall/Attack"

[Timeskip]

Our group of nine walked through the halls of the mall, split up into a few different groups. Senna and I walked alongside the other two boys, plus Akali; however, we were doing our own thing. Ahead of us were the other three idols and Qiyana, who created an array of different colors with their hair lined up in a row.

Somehow, nobody in the mall seemed to recognize or bother the famous idols. They would walk past without a glance as if they were nobodies such as myself. I had no idea how or why, but I also wasn't going to ask at the moment.

I decided to be between friendly and professional for the day. I didn't want to put on a facade and drop the boundaries I had clearly laid out, but I also would do my best not to make the day an awkward nightmare for everyone involved. Plus, knowing that I had Senna by my side, who could intervene when necessary was reassuring.

I checked out each of the stores as we walked past them. None of them piqued my interest, but I wasn't there to shop. Although I now had money to spend, I still found myself being frugal as it was second nature to me.

Unsurprisingly, not everyone had the same idea. Evelynn curved to the right, entering one of the luxury fashion stores, most everyone following behind her. The workers quickly came to the aid of the few women with actual intentions to purchase, leaving Senna and I to wander around ourselves.

I looked through the small part of the store filled with men's jackets, finding most of them to be ugly by my standards, but I was also the opposite of knowledgeable when it came to fashion. Eventually, I found a basic black jacket I wouldn't mind wearing. It looked like it was made of some basic polyester fabric and had no weird designs that told everyone within a five-mile radius where I bought it. To satisfy my pointless curiosity, I checked the price tag.

Jesus Christ...

The audacity to charge that much for any piece of clothing was ridiculous, let alone something I could find at Nordstrom for 1/100th the price. Behind me, I could hear Senna giggling at my reaction.

Senna: "You wanna go someplace else?"

Y/N: "Yeah, this place is ridiculous."

As we left, I could see Ahri and Evelynn trying on different articles of clothing as the others watched and gave their opinions on each one. Ekko caught my gaze as we left, and he quickly followed, with Yasuo and Akali tagging behind.

Y/N: "So, where to next?"

My two friends gave me a knowing look, as if they assumed I already knew what they were about to say. To be fair, I did.

Yasuo: "Do we even have to say it?"

Y/N: "LEGO store it is."

Akali watched the interaction from the sidelines with a slightly dejected look.

Akali: "How are you guys always so in sync? It's not fair..."

She seemed upset that she couldn't join our wavelength, but there wasn't much I could do about that. It was years of shared experiences that created the similar thought processes that plagued our minds. It was a curse, considering we had a grand total of three brain cells shared between us.

Senna: "You get used to it."

As per usual, the LEGO store was cool as hell. The pricetags for the really cool stuff were always above my limit, but that didn't mean it wasn't fun to look at. Actually, I could see why people enjoyed looking through expensive clothing stores...

Yasuo: "Dude... Should I get it? I think I'm going to send it this time."

The long-haired DJ asked us about the green Lamborghini set that cost upwards of $400. We all simultaneously rolled our eyes at this stupid ritual he would perform every time we visited the store. He always acted like he was considering it but would back out in the end.