Pool Party/Truth or Dare

Chapter 4: "Pool Party/Truth or Dare"

[Y/N POV]

I stood behind Yasuo, watching in horror as the two idols argued. My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to recover and calm down from the high-stress situation I was flung into.

It didn't make sense why two of the world's most famous people were flirting with me, a random guy who just met them today. Had they been flirting with me all day? Was I being rude without realizing it?

I couldn't recall the past events as my mind went into a haze. It was hard to think. I just had to stay grounded and calm down.

My surroundings... identify what's around me.

I was in the pool surrounded by my friends. Ekko was looking at me with nervous eyes; the rest were watching the Demon and Vastaya stare each other down. Past them, everyone was watching the scene, and some were staring at me.

Shit... they're looking at me. That look filled with repulse... It was aimed at me. They saw everything. They're going to target me, fuck.

I began to feel sick. My stomach churned as their gazes weighed upon my shoulders. The air around me was thick, making it hard to breathe in.

I needed to get away, just for a second, to take some time to calm down.

Y/N: "I-I need to go to the bathroom."

I quickly got out of the pool and made my way up the stairs.

Shit... I don't know where the bathroom is.

I never got that house tour from Ahri, so I didn't know where anything was.

I went down the hallway left of the elevator and quickly but carefully glanced into each room. Luckily, on my third try, I carefully peeked in to find a fancy bathroom.

I closed and locked the door behind me, and once I was completely alone, I let out the large intake of breath I wasn't able to before.

My back slid against the wall as I sat down, using it as support. With deep breaths, the oxygen slowly returned to me as it became easier to breathe, and my brain slowed down at a comfortable pace.

I placed my hand on my heart to feel it beating. It was now at a safe resting point, telling me I had fully calmed down.

I cursed at myself for freaking out the way I did. I wanted to prove to my friends, but more so myself, that I could go out like anyone else and hold my own without anyone worrying or taking care of me.

This anxiety that I lived with was something that developed when I was extremely young. Maybe it was because of the lack of people I could rely on. I had a family, but they weren't people I could talk to, and being a blank prevented me from making friends.

When it happens, my entire body kicks into overdrive. My heart beats at a scary speed, my lungs try to suck in as much air as possible, and my mind moves too fast, making it hard to keep track of anything.

On the bright side, my anxiety had become much more bearable since I had met my friends who now formed True Damage. They're people who I know I can rely on and come to in times of need. The stress did not need to build up until it was too much to bear as I had an outlet.

Whatever, the situation sucks, but it doesn't mean the day is ruined. If I could stay calm and roll with the flirting, it will still be a huge step forward and an achievement to be proud of.

I flushed the empty toilet before throwing some cold water on my face, and with a deep breath, I opened the door that revealed the massive penthouse I had still yet to explore.