Banquet/Confrontation

Chapter 10: "Banquet/Confrontation"

[Y/N POV]

The ride was relatively quiet, the awkward silence only broken by one of the idols speaking to another. I, on the other hand, sat quietly, picking at my new fancy clothes. It was a navy blue two-piece suit with a white button-up underneath, fitted perfectly to my measurements.

It was a pain in the ass to get as I had to wake up early and allow the tailor to feel me up for an hour. I have to admit, she was quick, though, finishing the suit in only a few hours. Usually, that would be impossible, but I remember Ahri mentioning that her ability had to do with fabric manipulation or something. Either way, it happened.

Now, I was sitting in the back of an extremely lavish limo on the way to the banquet Ahri decided to drag me to. I'm not even sure why I'm here. It's not like I have any goal or reason to be, but she used her position as my boss, and now, here I am. She was at least nice enough to pay for the suit.

Ultimately, this whole adventure was against my will, so I sat sulking, trying my best not to engage any of my captors. It led to a tense atmosphere, but it couldn't be helped. They made their bed, and now they would have to sleep in it.

Ahri: "I'm excited, but I hope Renata doesn't approach us this year. It's always bothersome to turn down whatever business proposition she tries to throw out."

Renata Glasc, the woman who throws this banquet every year. Apparently, she owns the largest chemical company in Runetera. Basically, she's a self-made billionaire who uses this event to network with the rich and famous. I was also informed she's extremely dangerous.

Evelynn: "Ugh, I know. She's so pushy, and that's coming from me."

Kai'Sa: "I hope Garrens not there."

Ahri: "Oh my god, I'm gonna puke if Jayce tries to talk to me."

Listening in, I realized how ironic it was that they judged these other rich people when they were just like them. The only difference was they hid it better.

Akali: "How much longer is this drive, anyway?"

She adjusted her leggings with an uncomfortable groan. She wore a green pants suit with an unbuttoned top and a black braw underneath, leaving her abs on display. The other three wore dresses. Kai'Sa's was black and longer, reaching her ankles, but it had slits at the bottoms, revealing the sides of her legs. Evelynn's was a dark purple with fabric missing (in a stylish way), revealing parts of her torso, giving it a seductive and confident feel. Lastly, Ahri's was a complex bright blue dress that, although less revealing, felt much more extravagant than the others.

Limo Driver: "Pulling up now!"

A voice came from behind the black screen to answer the ninja's question.

Ahri: "Well, what are you most excited for, Y/N?"

The fox spearheaded the revolt against my newly formed walls. Actually, she was the only one participating, as the other three stopped trying to reach me. Evelynn's reason was obvious; I knew she knew why I was upset. The other two quickly retreated after one passive comment from me, seemingly too scared to be shut down again. Ahri, on the other hand, hadn't stopped trying to get through to me since I first gave her the cold shoulder. She would quickly back off, but that wouldn't stop her from trying, evident by the fact that she was the one dragging me to this event.

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

I asked for clarification, unsure what she was referring to. I wasn't excited to be here, so I had no clue what reason she could want from me. However, I wasn't looking to make a snarky comment. I didn't want things to be hostile between us, I only wanted to change our relationship.