Hangover/Return

Chapter 11: "Hangover/Return"

This chapter ended up being way too long, so I split it into two. Also, this was being written during finals, so sorry if it's of a lower quality. (Same with Chapter 12)

[3rd Person POV]

Y/N: "Ughhhhh. My head..."

A hungover Y/N rolled over in his bed, rubbing his throbbing temples in a vain attempt to dull the pain. He tried to recall last night's events, but everything was fuzzy. Only specific frames of the night were clear to him, but he continuously tried to put the pieces together.

It took a few minutes, but eventually, he could recall the ride home and his conversation with his employers. However, that was all he could recall, as no matter how hard he tried, he wouldn't remember getting out of the car or getting to bed.

He was lying on top of his comforter, most of his clothes from last night still on his body, sticking to his unwashed and dirty skin. The room's darkness consumed him, but his need to remain in place was overpowered by his need to get out of the soiled clothes.

With a grunt, he lifted himself out of bed, standing on two feet. His body was heavy and sluggish, seemingly struggling to cope with its own weight. He did his best to strip down, tossing the discarded pieces of cloth in the corner of the room.

It took him longer than it should have, but he was eventually freed from his expensive prison and immediately stumbled to the shower. The warm water ran down his body as he placed his forehead against the cool marble that lined the bathroom walls.

The warmth from the showerhead relieved the pain that emanated through his bones, if only slightly, and he basked in the newly found comfort. He stood there, unable to move, for what felt like an eternity, procrastinating his eventual return to the real world and the four women he would eventually have to face.

It felt good to know that the burden he had been carrying was finally released from his shoulders, but a part of him also wished that he had kept his drunk mouth shut. Sure, he stood up for himself, but now he felt utterly alone with the ties to his only local friends officially severed. The feeling of isolation consumed him, yet he was surrounded by people he once loved.

Luckily, it wouldn't be long before True Damage returned and he could run away from his woes of the moment, finding temporary peace in the presence of his family. However, before that, he would have to survive for an entire week, which to the struggling boy, felt like a span of time that would never end.

After 30 minutes, he finally found he had the ability to move, and after another 10, he had completed the routine a shower would typically require. Eventually, he dried himself with the soft towel and put on a pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt that comforted his tired body.

Now, he stood face to face with the door that shielded him from the uncomfortable situation that awaited him outside the room. It was a Sunday, so the girls should be home and most likely already up.

On the one hand, he didn't want to deal with confronting any of the idols, but on the other hand, he needed to grab an Advil to help with the sharp pain in his head. There was only one option, but he hesitated again, procrastinating the inevitable, even if only for a few moments.

He took a deep breath and twisted the doorknob, instantly becoming blind from the bright light that emanated through the living room. Squinting, he slowly adjusted to the natural light and entered the large area outside his door.

Ahri: "Oh, you're awake?..."

His eyes tracked the source of the sound, landing on Ahri, who was curled up on the couch. Her eyes weighed heavy on her face, and her hair was a tangled mess, leaving her in a state that Y/N had never seen before.