First Day/Jealousy

Chapter 7: "First Day/Jealousy"

Sorry for the long wait on these chapters. They only have a light proofread done, so please let me know if you catch any mistakes or have any thoughts on the story!

[Y/N POV]

Evelynn: "So, just start with the basic duties. Clean the house, do our laundry, and stock the kitchen. Kai left a list of things we need on the counter; the car keys are on top. We'll be back by eight."

Y/N: "Uh huh."

Was all I could mutter in response. It was only seven in the morning, and I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I was used to. This got a snicker from the demon, whose glare made me uneasy.

Evelynn: "Alright then, I'll be off. See you tonight, darling~."

A shiver, not necessarily bad, ran down my spine as she disappeared inside the elevator. That voice and those eyes... they do something to me.

But now that I was finally alone it was time to start working. I forced myself to my feet with a tired groan and looked around the house. The living room was a mess with food and clothes strewn throughout, furniture awry, and mystery substances stained every surface.

This would definitely be a large project, but with no other options, I had to start.

Equipped with the knowledge I had after cleaning the rooms of my friends and me, I knew it was better to start broad and slowly move to the more minute details. With that in mind, I began to pick up and fold the clothes and other inanimate objects that seemed out of place, organizing them to put away later.

The more I cleaned, the more awake I became as I fell into the groove of being a house husband. I inserted some earbuds into my ears, blasted my favorite artist, and danced across the house, cleaning wherever I went.

It all looked shiny and new. The ground was sparkling; the couch was cleaned, and its pillows fluffed; the walls were devoid of mystery stains. What remained could only be fixed with a fresh layer of paint.

Not to toot my own horn, but I did a pretty good job. Now the only thing left was the bedrooms.

I decided to start with Akali's room as it was the only one I had already been in. Because I had already seen it, I knew it would easily be the most time-consuming of any other location within a five-mile radius.

I sighed deeply as I entered the room, which was far worse than I last saw. Equipped with a trash bag in one hand and a glove on the other, I began to pick up all the trash I could see on the surface.

I felt a small amount of bile rise in my throat as I had to peel the ramen cups from every surface. They had been there so long they had started to meld with the room around it, leaving a sticky substance behind as a mark that would surely be annoying to remove.

Luckily, I was able to stifle the vomit and move on, slowly finishing the trash and eventually wiping down every surface visible to the human eye. The room started to look good once I threw her sheets in the wash and took a step back to look at my progress.

I thanked the heavens that Akali's room had a hardwood floor, as the thought of what her carpet would be like made me sick.

Anyway, the next room was Ahri's, which was surprisingly girly, decorated with light pink walls covered in posters of other bands and artists. Her bed had soft pink sheets to match the walls but contrast the white furniture and desk that lined the room. I took notice of the well-designed PC that sat under her desk, as it surprised me that she had one.

Once I was finished analyzing her room, I began to clean. Her room was more messy than dirty. Papers were strewn throughout the room, clothes covered the floor, and the furniture was clearly moved out of place.