1. War is Hell!!

[A/N:- It was kinda hard writing it since I have never ever written anything about soldiers from enemy countries falling in love as I'm used to writing romance and family drama thing. Y'all might wonder why am I writing it, it's bcz the plot is so unique and amazing that I had to choose it first. Anyways, I may not be a good writer like you guys but still enjoy reading~💗]

_________________

TAEHYUNG'S POV:-

War is hell, but that's not the half of it, because war is also mystery and terror and adventure and courage and discovery and holiness and pity and despair and longing and love. War is nasty; war is fun. War is thrilling; war is drudgery. War makes you a man; war makes you dead.

The war zone was a desolate piece of charred, blackened earth and plants destroyed by a fire.

We were battering and beating against our enemy under a sunless sky. In a short period of time, the battleground was full of dead bodies. The first thing I will noticed is the pungent smell of dead, rotting, flesh from all of my fallen comrades. It was terrifying.

As I venture further into hell, the screams and shouts from nearby soldiers gets progressively louder. Gunshots and explosions are sounding closer as I continued creeping further into depths of hell. Debris from explosions are landing closer and closer around me.

As I proceed further towards the enemies mindlessly, a young soldier quickly pulled me down to the ground by my shoulder as a bullet flies over my head ricocheting off the tree several meters behind me.

"Taehyung what are you doing?! You're spacing off for a while. You're a sergeant who guides us. Moreover, you're the best soldier in our whole squad. And now you're mindlessly wandering around....you could have been killed!" Hoseok, Taehyung's comrade whisper-yelled.

Taehyung took a deep breath, "I know Hoseok hyung. But seeing the dead bodies triggered something inside me."

"What!? You've been seeing thousands of dead bodies over the past few years..in the war. And now suddenly you're talking like this?! Are you alright?!"

"Yeah...I'm fine now. Now let's go." Taehyung calmly said and gestured Hoseok to follow him as he's the Major Sergeant.

They started to move to the battlefield again, dodging bullets and grenades. They noticed the shiny, metallic bullet shells, freshly spewed blood, body parts and debris splattered all over the ground. An unknown friendly soldier collapses as his head was just blown off by an enemy sniper in the distance. His M16 with a fully loaded magazine is within their reach; Taehyung grabbed the weapon's cold, metallic, handle getting ready to spring up, aim down the sight and kill the first enemy he spot. He began shooting like the pro shooter he is, whereas Hoseok went to the other side of the war zone. While Taehyung was shooting his gun, he didn't noticed notice the bullets from the enemies, landing on the ground next to him. He didn't care about anything. He kept shooting, Killing all the enemies out there, proving again that he's best sniper, soldier and everything. Everyone in the army admired him. But he was tired of this war shit.

The war was barely over. The dead atmosphere made Taehyung shiver and the howling wind sorrowfully cried around him. He looked carefully around the area for some sign of happiness or hope, but instead saw emptiness. Sweat stung the eyes like tiny vipers, dripping down from a gore sprayed face. All around was nothing but a whirlwind of disorder and violence. The panting tongue collected the dust choked air which intermixed with the bitterness of iron. Above the lower scent of sweat was the acidic smell of all pervasive fear, carried aloft from clashing bodies that howled amidst a sea of scarlet liquid.

The wailing sirens struck fear into the struggling crowd of panicking civilians. The adrenaline rush filled him as he barged passed all the strangers and knocked an old man off his feet, he tripped into the puddle beneath him launching muddy water into the others surrounding. He tried to stand up and as he turned around an aircraft shot past, a thundering rumble followed and shook the ground.