2. A change in the weather

After everything cooled down a bit, everyone went to their barracks. Many of them were getting treated for their wounds.

"Oh there's sergeant Kim." A soldier said and everyone bowed as Taehyung soon entered.

"It's ok...no need to bow. Y'all can take your seats." Taehyung says and then walks upto a certain soldier who's severely wounded, "How's he now, doctor?"

"The wound needs time to heal, Mr. Kim. He may not fight with this."

"What do you mean he may not fight? Do you mean he can't fight then? The war is approaching and if we all don't fight then they will invade our country. Also many died today. So it's no big deal if we lose another soldier-"

"ENOUGH!!" Taehyung roared, "It is a big deal. I know that thousands of soldiers dies in a war. But what do you mean by 'its no big deal?' He has a wife, and two kids. Who's gonna look after them?!"

"Sergeant Kim. We have been serving at the military for so long. But never in our life we saw your this side. You used to be so strict with us knowing there's a war coming."

Taehyung kept quiet for a sec and then instructed the doc to treat the wounded soldier before going out. He sighed and looked around. There were few doctors running from here and there to help the wounded soldiers. As he's the captain he decided to visit each and every one of them.

✧⁠ ✧ ✧ ✧

"Is everything ready? Are you prepared enough?" A man said from the other side of the call.

"Yes sir. I'm fully prepared. Don't worry, I'll carry out my duty well sir."

"Okay, pack everything and get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big and an important day for you, for us and for our country."

"Yes sir. I understand." He said and hung up the call. He packed his all weapons.

✧⁠ ✧ ✧ ✧

It was quite a gloomy weather. The soldiers were informed that there might be a storm. Suddenly, they heard an explosion from far away. Taehyung quickly put down his rifle and went outside.

"Holy crap. Everyone be prepared." Taehyung shouted.

"The enemy attacked us without a warning."  One of the soldiers mumbled.

"Since when did enemies attacks each other without warning?" The other one said.

"EVERYONE GET ARMED!! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ALL? DO NOT LET YOUR GUARDS DOWN!! UNDERSTAND?"

"Yes Sergeant Kim."

"Now, everyone, proceed to the battlefield." Taehyung ordered everyone to follow him.

Soon, the war started again. The North Korean soldiers launched a bomb at them first. They are trying to invade S.Korea since many years but couldn't succeed. They've tried to invade many other countries too, which involved taking lives of millions of innocent people.

Taehyung and his squad along with the other soldiers kept fighting. As soon as he reached the field, he saw many soldiers lying dead. Some soldiers' head were blown up and some soldier's body parts were scattered here and there. The bomb had the most impact on the people near it.

Taehyung was on his battle ship with the rest of his troops against the enemy's ship.

"Fuck it, kill them all!!!!!"

The war kept going on and on. They always stop the war by making little treaties. As they kept killing each other, the sky slowly turned dark. There was a storm rising. The temperature dipped all of a sudden. The ship kept swaying. Taehyung and the other soldiers prepared for the unanticipated, brutal storm. There was total darkness as the clouds started to thicken and threatening lightning advanced. The wind came charging the water at high speeds, creating a gigantic wave. The waves grew colossal, as the ship was riding up and down the sea. Rain began to pour furiously and monstrous waves struck the ship. This storm was surely the worst they have ever seen. Rain fell like bullets, destroying anything and everything in its path.

This storm was so powerful, that the ship was already sinking and almost all of those who fell into the water drowned or died within minutes. Others tried to survive.

The enemy's ship was completely destroyed too. Few of them died on the spot and the others survived as they were as strong enough to withstand it.

The soldiers who survived were instructed by Taehyung to take the wounded and dead soldiers back to the land as soon as possible. They were relieved to see the soldiers who stayed back and fought on the battlefield came to rescue them with boats even in this storm. 

All the soldiers were preparing were to go back, except Taehyung. He went back again deep into the sea to save another soldier thinking it's his comrade.

"Sergeant Kim, where are you going?"

"Don't worry about me. Y'all go back as soon as possible. I'm armed, if something happens and I still have one boat here...."

"But sir-"

"I SAID GO. THE SPEED OF THE WIND IS INCREASING!!"  Taehyung yelled resulting the soldiers to retreat from there.

Taehyung finally swim back to that guy who fainted bcz of drowing and helped him get in the boat. Even the boat was heavily damaged bcz of this storm. The daunting sound of waves crashing against the boat. Taehyung started start to feel sick. As the wave crashes down the boat topples over creating a humungous splash as it hits the water. Taehyung and the guy whom he was assuming to be his comrade both fell into the water. Taehyung's eyes were getting blurry. He slowly got on the boat, dragging the guy with him. The wind speed kept on increasing and suddenly Taehyung passed out.