12. Longing for each other

"Welcome back Sergeant Kim. We are so glad to see you alive."

"Ahaha thank you guys."

Everyone welcome Taehyung wholeheartedly and even hold a party for him however he was lost in thoughts full of Jin. He was worried for him. He missed him even though it's been hours they have been seperated. He's alone in that island. Did his friends went to rescue him?! If he could contact the enemy side without looking suspicious.

"Tae." Hobi called. "What's with the gloomy face? Your subordinates held a welcoming party for you and you aren't enjoying it?!"

"Well, I'm enjoying it. Glad to see everyone of them."

"I know you're thinking about Seokjin."

"Y-yeah...I wanna make sure he's safe–"

"Don't worry. We received a signal from them. Seokjin has been rescued and he might be enjoying a welcoming party like you too."

"Really? What a relief. I guess I enjoy the party now." Taehyung released a big sigh and was about to join others but Hobi's sudden question stopped him.

"Are you sure you're fine, Tae?"

"I–"

"I know you miss him and he will be missing you too. But you can't help it bcz this is your fate. Tae, I'll always want the best for you so after the war ends, I hope you reunite with him, just like you promised. So, for now, enjoy the party and don't forget you're a soldier. A sergeant and everyone's hero here. So fulfil your duty like you always used to do. Excuse me." Hobi said and went away bcz he knows Tae will break down in tears if he further says anything.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was in the verge of tearing up hearing Hobi's words however he understood what the other meant so he muttered a small thank you which didn't go unnoticed by Hobi. He smiled before leaving.

Meanwhile, on the other side:

"Hyung, what happened? You aren't enjoying the welcome party?"

Jin sighs, "Kook. I..miss him so much. I don't think I can't live without him."

"A soldier shouldn't be saying these things. Don't make your heart weak like this." Yoongi interrupted.

"Yoongi hyung–"

"It's alright Kook. Yoongi's right. However I'm not making my heart weak or something. I'll fulfil my duty for this country as a soldier."

"Hyung, I'm sorry I didn't mean it in a rude way. You did tell us about him and we're really happy but–"

"Yoongi, I told you it's alright. I just hope I meet him even if it take years. Anyways, I'm going out for a bit."

"Alright...."

"Hyung why did you say that?" Jungkook asked Yoongi after Jin left.

"I can't see hyung breaking like this. That's why. Now don't ask me anything anymore. I'm going to sleep."

"What about the party?"

"You guys enjoy. Sleep is important for me." Yoongi said and left.

Jungkook sighed not understanding what is happening. On one hand, Jin is upset and on the other hand Yoongi went to sleep. Now he doesn't know where Jimin is.

Meanwhile, Yoongi was planning to talk to Jin instead of going to his barrack.

"Hey, hyung." Yoongi called while placing his hand over Jin's shoulder.

"Whoa–you startled me!!"

"My bad. Anyways, how long are you gonna stay here? Hurry up and go inside and enjoy the party."

"I'm not in the mood Yoongi. If the others asks about me, then tell them I'm feeling sick so I came here to get some fresh air."

"Are you for real??"

"Yeah!!"

"Hyung, I know you miss Taehyung and I bet he must be missing you too but you can't just act sulky."

"I can't help it!! I thought you came here for something else..."

"Right. I came to give you some company and I'm sorry about earlier–"

"I know Yoon. You were just being reasonable. And I'll seriously feel bad if you keep apologizing without any reason." Jin chuckled while answering.

"Alright, fine." Yoongi said and sat beside Jin. "Who knows when this stupid war will end.."

"Who knows...if this doesn't end...my chances of spending my life with my first love will be a forever dream haha."

"Hyung..."

"Well, in any case I hope whoever is in the right wins!"

"Jin hyung, you do know right what you're saying? You clearly know who's in the right and who's the wrong."

"Of course I know. Even I don't wish, it's always gonna be the truthful ones who wins."

"Right. Anyways let's go inside. You should cheer up a bit. Then you can dream about your Taehyung in your sleep." Yoongi said as he dragged Jin inside, totally forgetting he told Jungkook that he's gonna sleep.