3. Enemy or Ally?!

The boat has reached to a shore after the storm has stopped.

"Ugh..." The other guy whom Taehyung has just saved slowly woke up, groaning, "my head hurts."

He says, looking around here and there, searching for something but then realisation hits him, "What the–half of my weapons are gone?!!!" He panicked but he's helpless as he's now in an unknown island until he saw another man, waking up, who was also passed out due to the storm. He went towards the boat and helped the man get to the island as he was struggling.

"Uhh...w-where am I?" Taehyung asked as he looked around.

"In an unknown island...." The other guy answered and he looked at him suspiciously.

In a flash, both stood up, pointing their revolver towards each other. All their weapons had been washed away due to the storm. Luckily they had the pistol, a revolver and some extra bullets.

"YOU?!!!! You ain't my comrade...that I saved? Taehyung said, rather in a questioning tone.

"I am not your comrade..but thank you for saving me." The man lowered his gun as his eyes fell onto Taehyung's injuries.

"I thought...you are my comrade so I left my squad to save you..."

"Sit." The man said, that sounded more like an order.

"Pardon?"

"I said sit here, Mr. Life saver. You're injuried."

"So? I know I'm injuried...and that's not a big deal. It happens when you're in a huge war with a country who is stupidly trying to invade countries, killing millions of innocents." Taehyung said as he looked at the man with his peripheral vision.

"Hey!! Watch your mouth!!"

"Whatever. We are enemies. Stay away from me. Not letting my guard down around you."

"I know we are enemies. I have no desire to get along with you...but now we are stuck together in an unknown island so we have to tag along with each other. And there's no way I'm letting my guard down around you too. You saved my life...so I was just returning the favour. Now please sit!!"

Taehyung sighed and did as the man said otherwise he will keep nagging him. The man dared to go inside the unknown forest and came back with some herbs. He wrapping a cloth around Taehyung's arm tightly to prevent the blood from coming out. As he was treating his injures, Taehyung noticed the man's facial features and he was beautiful. Taehyung couldn't take off his eyes from him.

"This is gonna hurt." The man said making Taehyung come if his thoughts.

"Huh, what?"

"I said, this is gonna hurt."

"Are you serious? This little wound won't do any harmed. I've been wounded so many times that I've lost count. Anyways, let's go and look for a shelter. We also have to find something to eat." Taehyung said as he went inside the forest, followed by the man.

"Calm down Taehyung, what were you doing? He's your enemy." Taehyung thought to himself as kept looking for the necessary items. As they kept going deeper and deeper, they found a lake. It was crystal clear.

"So we have found a source for drinking water."

"Yeah...guess so."

After few hours of searching more, Taehyung and the man got the necessary items and went back to the island. It was already evening as they spent too much time in the forest looking for things.

Taehyung decided to build up the fire and then help the man in building the shelter.

"So we are done building the shelter and and setting up the fire but what about food? These fruits are you sure they're edible?"

"I don't know if all them are edible or not. But I've studied about this and I'm sure few of them are edible."

"Oh god...are you serious?" Taehyung sighs.

"If you've doubts, then don't eat."

"Shut up!!"

✧⁠ ✧ ✧ ✧

"The war has been brutal. Anyways any news about Sergeant Kim?"

"No Sergeant Jung. We've sent searching teams on nearby islands but he wasn't there."

"Okay you're dismissed."

The soldier nodded and took his leave. Soon, after that someone knocked on the door.

"Sergeant Jung? Are you working right now?"

Hoseok smiled, "No, Sergeant Namjoon, you can come in."

Namjoon entered the room with a gloomy face and everyone knows the reason.

"Hoseok, I–"

"I know Joon. Tae is missing. We are trying our best. Nobody would like to lose such an amazing and strong willed sergeant-cum-soldier like Taehyung. But we wouldn't want to lose an amazing friend like him." Hoseok said as his eyes were glossy with tears which made Namjoon hug him.

"Few soldiers of Taehyung's team....they don't really care about him, do they? Well, few of them does care about him and admires him too. They are trying their best to find him but the rest of them are saying soldiers are supposed to die protecting the country."

"They aren't completely wrong Namjoon. War is hell. They take people's lives. What can you expect? We as a soldier, should forget about him and focus on saving our country."

"You're right. But on the other hand, Taehyung's our friend too."

"That is the point. In one way, we are soldiers. We are helpless. We don't have time to search for another soldier who's alive or dead...we don't know. In other way, Taehyung's our friend...we can't afford to lose a friend."

"Seargent Namjoon, immediately return to your team. They need assistance." A soldier from Hoseok's squad accidentally barged into his office.

"Alright, I'll be taking my leave. Do inform me if you find something about Taehyung." Namjoon said to Hoseok and left.

"Sorry for barging in sir, but I've learned something about Sergeant Taehyung being missing." Hoseok nodded and asked him to continue.

"Sir, one of the soldiers from Sergeant Taehyung's team said when the rescue team came to help them, Taehyung swam back into the same ocean to help his comrade as he was drowing. They were trying to stop him but he ordered them to go back and not to worry about him."

"Help a comrade? But all the soldiers that have survived did come back safely along with the deceased ones...as listed. Then whom did he save? Does that mean..." Hoseok kept thinking.

"Sir?"

"Oh sorry I was thinking about something. Thank you for the news. I'll talk about the matter with the General soon. You can leave now."

"Yes sir." The soldier left leaving Hoseok in deep thoughts again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/n:- Hi, I hope y'all enjoying the story. I'm again saying I've no knowledge about military ranks and all. I'm writing whatever help I've find from Google. So if there are any mistakes, pls do correct me. Thank you ^^ ]