Marbles, balls of deceit

God I've been bored lately. I wonder.

We all walk into another room that's all white. Semi similar to the one last game.

The red guys instruct us to pair into teams of two, and of course, I chose Gianna. The red guys make us all group up within the time limit of 10 minutes. I had some time on my hands, so I decided to find Daniel, who was paired up with Wyatt.

"Yo! Daniel!" I shout to the two. They dip their heads to me in acknowledgement. I tell them about what the next game might be. They agree and allow me to walk back to Gianna, but not before Daniel pulls me aside and whispers in my ear.

"Do what she would do." He grins to himself. My blood starts boiling at atleast 197 degrees Fahrenheit.

I walk back over to Gianna with my fists clenched hard as rocks.

"Erella? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." A low growl escapes my chest, allowing the smell of sweat to fill my lungs. unfortunately, I was not in the right mindset for this shit.

We follow the guards to a new room, it looked like a small town for some reason.

"Attention players, in this game, you will have 1 hour to beat your partner, whoever loses, will be eliminated. You each will be given 10 marbles. Good luck."

........
.....
...
..
.
Shit..

" No, no, no, no, No, NO, NO!" I scream at Gianna. "IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS! I DON'T WANT YOU OR ME TO DIE! I JUST-"

"ERELLA! would you just-" they choke up for a second. "-just, we don't have to play, we'll wait for the timer to run out. Okay?"

I grab their hand slightly and give it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm so sorry."

"I know, Erella. I know you are."

And we sit there, hugging, waiting for the time to run out.

5 minutes.

"Y'know, I'm glad we sticked together." I giggle.

"Hm?"
"Us, the team, all of us. Us 10. we made it."

4 minutes.

"Ti voglio bene. Cagna stupida"

"You speak Italian now??" I ask in amazement.

"Hell yeah!"

1 minute.

59
58
57
56
55
54
53
52
51
50
49
48
47
46
45
44
43
42
41
40
39
38
37
36
35
34
33
32
31
20

As we both sit there, helpless, I begin to think of Daniel's words. "Do what she would do."

The guard walks over to us, and asks who won.