Information

They simply had no idea. They didn't even know that we existed before I came here. They had no idea about me or Liza at all.

"So Rose, you were trapped and kidnapped in a house by two men, for how long?" he was taking notes in his small notepad which seemed nothing but funny to me. The things that I went through won't even suffice 10 such notepads. What would he do then?

"I don't know." There was no way for me to realise the amount of time I spent there. At times, it felt that the time was completely frozen and didn't move at all, and sometimes it felt like time was moving at light years speed. Not that the clocks helped either because I was sure that they were messing with them as well. Mentally messing me up more than could realise at that point of time. Moreover, I didn't know what day it was, what month it was. That crucial piece of information was hidden from me very well.

"Okay..." He cleared his throat and jotted down something more in that tiny notepad of his, whose contents were a mystery to me. He might as well be writing that I am just a deranged and crazy women who went through a loss and is trying to occupy herself with some gibberish, unbelievable nonsense.

"You told me that these two men are Russian, right? What do you think that they might doing here?" Oh, I don't know? Planning to kidnap me?

"I don't know why they did what they did or what their ultimate goal was. They didn't share much information." All these stupid questions were really getting to me. It was common sense that they obviously wouldn't share anything that would jeopardize their position.

"Okay and-"

"Listen Robert. We do not have a lot of time. When I told you that you need to save her. You need to do that now. She is in danger." I talked slowly so that the words would register in his head and he would stop wasting his time. I was more than willing to give him any piece of information that he wanted but not now. Not while Liza is still stuck in their grasp while I am laying down here comfortably, having a chat with this increasingly infuriating man.

"I know that this process can be frustrating, but this is essential. We need as much information as we can get before we head out and take action. Any piece of missing info could play against us. And to be honest you are unable to provide us intel about the house you were really trapped in or the place as well. Yes we found you nearby but still that is not enough. You could have walked for miles in your adrenaline rush. All we have now are two men and a woman floating in the face Rose." He tried his best to sound as soft as possible but realistic but isn't this their job?

They were supposed to work the rest of the things out and work as swiftly as possible to save anyone who is in trouble. That's their job isn't it?

"You don't understand... Dimitri and Ivan... they will chew her alive. More now than ever, because I escaped and she let me. I-I couldn't bring her with me. I couldn't save her. And she is stuck there because of me." I was ready to beg them if required so that they would get off their assess and do something.

Robert looked behind him at the other man who decided to stay quiet from the time that they entered the room. I didn't know what kind of arrangement they had or who was the boss here but one nod of his head made Robert get up and tap his pen on the notepad twice before closing it finally. Relief washed over me, and I tried my best to keep the tears from spilling out of my eyes but failed miserably.

"P-please save her." I whispered softly, not sure if they heard me at all.

"We will try our best, Rose." He turned around and walked out of the room with the other guy, not sparing another glance.

****

I was waiting, and the wait seemed endless. It was still the same week, but I wanted a miracle to happen. Like somehow me and Liza would be back at our house, dancing, singing and cooking. Smiling at each other with our teeth out, the genuine kind that surprises you with its existence. We would be invisible to the world in our small bubble, cocooned in the fragile but timeless bubble. If only it was possible.

Even after...if we do get back to living together again, nothing will be same. We have already changed too much. Plus all these things that have happened won't let us live peacefully. Their ghosts haunting us forever. I know this because I went through something when I was younger and till this date it torments me the same.

"Knock, knock!" Marry knocked on the door and came in with a bright smile on her face. The afternoon sunlight shining on her pearly white teeth. "May I come innnn?" And she came in any way.

"Hi." I tried to sit up a little, instinctively trying to push myself up with both of my legs, but that made me feel the lack of one of them more than ever. A stab to my heart, an ache that reverberated throughout my body.

"So, I have some good news." her words seemed to be a contrast to the expression on her face that emerged as soon as she was done talking. As if she made a mistake.

She cleared her throat and spoke up again as she took a seat beside me on the chair. "Uhm, I had a talk with the doctor and we both think that you are recovering very well and your body is responding nicely to the meds so both of us think that it might be okay to look into options for uhm..." She trailed off and looked away, unsure and nervous.

"Hey, it's okay. I think I know what you mean. And I agree." I tried to smile, to make her feel a little easy about this whole tense situation. It was hard to explain, I couldn't say it made me happy nor could I say it made me feel worse. Having a prosthetic leg.

"O-okay. S-so uhm we have a connection with someone who specializes in prosthetic legs and all of us will make sure that this whole process is designed to accommodate your needs." She was new here, I could tell that she hadn't been in this line of work for long, which explained why she always seemed to be more sensitive than the others working here.

"Okay. Do you know when that might be?" I couldn't argue that having a prosthetic leg would help me out more than my present situation even if the very thought of it scared me more than ever. Yes, maybe I was healing well physically but mentally I was still a wreck which I couldn't afford to be at this point of time. I need to be able to support myself.

I needed to defend and fight.