Alone

A door opened somewhere. It was one of those classic cliche door opening noises in horror movies. The same groaning squeak, the same sluggish movement and most of all, the anonymity of its source. And then there was absolute silence.

I kept looking into Liza's eyes who looked at me the same but it wasn't the Liza I knew at all. The dark, soulless eyes looked at me unflinchingly. Not a single expression at display but just a poker face that revealed nothing and yet so much. I knew this was not my Liza and whatever was going to happen next, I was going to be all alone through it.

Arms wrapped around me from the behind and squeezed me into tight embrace. A face buried in my neck and inhaled me deep and strong. Their body warm but I felt nothing but chilling cold.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear and I knew that all the things that I tried to escape from are back. All the paid that I went through was nothing but a waste. The loss that I had, all but in vain.

"I missed you too." I dragged in a shaky breath. Trying to steel myself for what was about to come.

"I know you did." He made me turn around and look at his face, his serpent eyes, sparkling like a cursed gem. A small smile on his face that looked genuine, pale skin and dark circles underneath his eyes. He missed me indeed.

He stared at me and I stared at him until he closed the gab between us and kissed me deeply. His hands roaming, feeling me to make sure that I am not just thin air. And I let him. my hand inching towards my thigh but before anything else could happen, a large slap resounded on Dimitri's back and in walked Ivan with his glinting smirk.

"Enjoying your makeup sex?" He spared me a glance that held so many things which were impossible to unpack in that split moment before he walked over to Liza and kissed her harshly with his hand on his neck. It went on for a few minutes while Dimitri snuggled his face back in my neck and I just stood there looking at the both of them.

"You did good babe" Ivan broke the kiss finally and whispered loudly enough for all of us to hear. Penelope just laid there on the counter, completely quiet from the moment the two men walked in. "We meet again, Rosie." He turned to look at me and nodded in acknowledgement. I didn't want to talk to him at all, but instead smiled to my bestest ability and looked away, hoping he wouldn't sense the insincerity in my demeanour.

With that he turned Liza around so that her back was facing me as he kissed her again, ferociously, as if she was the one who had run away and was missing from his life for months. Meanwhile, his eyes scaled me, making sure I kept looking at him with an unblinking gaze with all the hatred I had inside me for him, raw and bare.

The atmosphere got so heavy and colluded that I could feel the pressure of it all heaving ion me. Dimitri with his soft kisses on my neck and Ivan with his ravenous sight and Liza being painfully naive and oblivious to it all. The tension was so full that it could have just popped if pricked with a needle. And perhaps Penelope felt it too as she couldn't hold it in any longer and started bawling her eyes out with a loud wail on her lips.

That was enough to break Liza from Ivan's spell as she placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away softly. The first time that she might have ever possibly resisted Ivan in front of me. Her hands reached for her baby as she picked her up and cooed at her to calm her down while the rest of us just watched. I could feel something happening behind me though as Dimitri's sigh brushed my neck and his hand very weirdly came to rest on my abdomen. I knew what he wanted and desired at that moment, and something told me he planned on having it spoon enough as well.

"Mhmmm I think she might need to change her diaper." Liza looked at Ivan with a sheepish smile on her face, quietly requesting him to bring it out of somewhere but Dimitri took charge instead and stated that he had the keys to the car and so he will bring the baby supplied in, in no time. With that he dashed towards the exit while Ivan's eyes found me again.

"Babe, I think Penelope here is actually crying because you brought her here to your home and didn't even show her your room. And being the baby whisperer that I am, I can guarantee that it is the absolute reason why our baby is upset." I cringed at the word 'our' that he used. To imagine it, felt like a forbidden thought and yet somehow it existed in reality.

A smile sparkled in Liza's eyes as she got really excited with just the thought of being able to visit her room once again, especially with her baby girl. Being with Ivan was surely not easy. Being with anyone as controlling as Ivan was not easy. The way he treated was definitely not human, and it boiled my blood to see her broken shell in the state that it was. Sh e simply was not her anymore.

And just like that Liza was gone without any afterthought, leaving me alone with the fox that licked his lips at the opportunity that presented itself in front of him.

I looked at him, not letting him think that I was intimidated by his presence because I was not. Moreover, I was really curious to listen to whatever his foul mouth would spit out.

He dragged a finger across the counter top as he made his way towards me. The squeaking sound breaking the silence of the night. But before he could reach me, I walked away and towards the living room. I wanted him alone too.

I needed him alone.