Chapter 10

JJ said" He's pinched for sure, man."
Pope said" No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."
" Let's hope."
Kie said" You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too."
Pope said" Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."
JJ said" So, find him before they do?" Pope grabbed the keys to JJ's bike, and walked to the door," Pope?"
" I'm gonna get gas for the boat."
Kie said" Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Pope completely ignored her and turned to me and JJ.
" Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." He walked out, Kie followed after him,
" Okay, what is your problem?"
" No problem, officer. I'm just doing my job."
" Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." He revved the bike's engine,
" What was that?"
" Look, I didn't mean to." He revved,
" Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?"
" Pope, I'm being serio-" He kept revving, till he took off, a helicopter flew by the restaurant.
JJ said" Who the hell is that?"
I said" Um, I'm... I'm gonna try and get to my house."
" What? No!"
" Yes! I'll meet you at the dock at three, I promise. If I can- If I can get to Nick, he can help us."
" How?!"
" I don't know, JJ! Maybe he knows where John B is hiding, maybe John B's hiding in my garage! I have no idea, but knowing Nick... he does. So, I'll see you at three, okay?" He kissed me, I pulled away, smirking," Don't fall for me now, you idiot, bad timing." I took off," At three! I promise!"

I saw Nick pacing the dining room, I threw a pebble at the window, he looked over, I smiled at him. He sighed and ran over, opening the window.
He said" What the hell?!"
I said" John B here?"
" No! Last I heard he hid in Kelce's laundry room, almost got caught!"
" Kel- Ha! That idiot! Geez, wouldn't survive a day alone..."
" Mom and dad are out looking for you, where have you been?! What the hell did you guys do?!"
" Nothing. Nick, I swear to everything you can pray to, John B didn't kill anyone! Rafe did!"
" What? You're crazy!"
" I'm telling the truth." I stared at him, I sighed," Come on, man. Why would I lie to your ass?"
" You wouldn't. Rafe shot and killed the sheriff?"
" Yes! What else do you know?"
" Uh, uh, that old church caught fire, supposedly John B was hiding in there. He escaped."
" Oh, thank god."
" What are you guys gonna do? You need to tell the police."
" John B tried! And they almost shot him!"
" Jesus! Kai, what did you guys get into?"
" A lot of shit, so much... I promise I'll tell you everything later. I have to meet everyone at the dock in a few hours 'cause we're getting John B out of here."
" No way, you're staying here."
" I can't." He sighed,
" I know. Look, just... don't get shot for John B, okay?"
" I'll try not to." He chuckled and hugged me," Look, if mom and dad come..."
" I won't tell them anything. They wouldn't believe me anyways. You need anything? Money? Food? Gas?"
" No, no, uh, Kie's getting the food, JJ's getting the boat, Pope's getting the gas. I kinda just need info."
" What?"
" Know anything?"
" That they called in big wigs from the mainland. John B's a homicidal person, who is very dangerous."
" Shit, shit, shit!"
" Yeah, uh, he's royally screwed if he gets caught right now."
" Yeah, we figured. Look, Nick, if-if Rafe or-or anyone comes by looking for me, for us."
" I don't know a damn thing."
" Thanks. I'll see you later, okay?"
" You better, or I'm gonna kick your ass, okay?"
" Okay, yeah, sure. You'd have to catch me first. And uh, I need a ride."
" Damn. How'd I know you were going to say that?"
" Yeah... I figured I'd ask first."
" Asshole."
" Mmhm. Certified. Where's your old bike that's about to be dead?"
" Garage."
" And the keys?"
" On the handle."
" Love ya!"
" Love you too, you idiot." I smiled and took off, running for the garage.

I was speeding down the way, and saw a cop truck, headed for where my friends will be. Shit! I pulled up and saw it was fucking John B, I laughed,
I said" Holy shit!" He hollered," How?! Dammit! That's awesome! Let's go!"
He yelled" Where'd you go?!"
" Home! You hid in Kelce's laundry room?! I should never let you out of my sight!" I laughed," Oh, my god! We're actual idiots!"
" Thick as thieves, baby!"
" Whoo!" Then my bike stuttered," Shit, shit shit!"
" Kai?!"
" Keep going!" I got beside him, then jumped onto the back hatch, I screamed and pulled myself up." Holy shit!"
" Yes! Pogue style!"
" Whoo!" I fell into the trunk, breathing heavily, I smiled.