Chapter 29

We were all sitting at the tree,
Pope said" Couldve been a faulty electrical wire."
Kie said" Place was all wood. A tinderbox."
Cleo said" Thing just went up. Boom."
JJ said" Verdict's in, bro. Whoever's up there does not like you. Sorry." He threw a bottle, we were all defeated at this point.

John B said" Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting in?"
Sarah said" Probably like an hour? I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want."
Pope said" Okay, well, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't."
JJ said" Pope, we're talking El Dorado here. Can you just slip out the back maybe?"
Kie said" Great advice."
" It always worked for me. How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way."
Pope said" I'm not doing that, okay?"
" I just want you to be there, dog."
" I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you at the airstrip in an hour?"
John B said" Yeah, we'll see you there."
JJ said" One hour, Pope. Not a second later." Pope and Cleo walked away," I'm gonna take a stroll back to the shack. For old time's sake. I always wanted to go to South America. Great surf, cheap weed. See you guys on the tarmac." He walked away,
Kie said" I guess I'll go pack some stuff and break the news to my parents." She walked away,
I said" Yeah, same..." I gulped, and started shaking, John B noticed but didn't stop me as I walked away. My mind going blank and my body on autopilot as I walked...

I was grabbed as I fell,
JJ said" Geez, Kai! Look-"
I said" I gotta go, J..."
" I gotta tell you something, but... I'll tell you on the plane."
" What?"
" Just to make sure you get on it."
" Okay, fair, but- totally not."
" See you in an hour." I nodded my head, and went to walk away," Oh, and I definitely noticed you on autopilot." I groaned, and walked faster away from him," Yeah!"

I got home, I walked up the stairs, shaking so badly, I tried to open the door, but it was locked, what the hell? I knocked,
I said" Mom? Dad? Nick, hey, let me in!" The door opened and it was a man with a Kitty Hawk shirt, I gulped," No, no, no..."
The man said" This can go one of two ways." I backed up and another man came up, I shook my head. Mom, dad and Nick came to the door,
Mom said" I'm sorry, baby. We're sending you away for a little while. They say Kitty Hawk's the best."
I said" What?!"
" We just need to try this, okay? We're just trying to help you."
" No, no, no..."
" It's not forever. I love you." They started dragging me back,
" Mom, mom."
" No, no, no, I can't do this right now!"
" We're trying to help you."
" Mom, Mom!"
" I'm sorry."
" I can't do this right now."
" We're trying to help you."
" Mom, mom, Nick, come on!"
" You have to try."
" You can't send me to wilderness cuckoo's cult!"
Dad said" They're not gonna hurt you. They're good. They'll help you out." I was being dragged by Singh's men," Don't fight. Just go, son. It's best for you right now."
" No! No! No! I don't want to!" I pulled and kicked into the air, breathing heavily," I have somewhere to be! No!" They dragged me down the stairs," No! Mom, dad, please!" They put me into the car, I hit the window," No! No! Please! No! No!" They drove off, I breathed heavily, spiraling into a full blown panic attack.

We got there,
The guy said" I have Kai Ralphs." They drove in, my brain vibes were all bad right now and god, I hope I can control them.

I was sitting in the chair, my body numb and my brain booming with bad vibes,
The man said" Thanks for sharing, Kai, and thank you for putting on our uniform."
I said" Like I had a choice."
" Good news is, we have names for your conditions."
" Let's hear it."
" ODD." Not what I was expecting and what is that to begin with!
" What's ODD?"
" Oppositional defiant disorder."
" What is that?"
" It's consistent opposition to authority."
" Did you make that up? Sounds like bullshit."
" As I was saying, consistent opposition. Now, fortunately, it's very treatable with medication."
" I'm not taking meds."
" See that? That right there? Your reaction. You just confirmed my diagnosis. Now, we can help with this. You just have to work with us."
" Right, um, can I use your bathroom? It was a long drive." He gestured to it, I walked to it and closed the door, locking it, I saw a window, I stepped up onto the toilet and started trying to get it open," Come on, come on..." I hit the window then the door was being hit then it opened and I was dragged out." Get off of me! Hey! Let go of me!"

I was put by myself in a cabin, I started pacing, pulling my hair, I breathed heavily as tears poured, I couldn't do this!

I was breathing heavily, unable to focus on a single thing, my brain was basically gone. I pulled my knees closer and rocked myself a little bit. They've probably already left by now, no one coming for me, they won't even know where I am.

It was night time, I was in the bunk, rocking myself slowly, trying to calm the storm in the head but... not working. I looked up as I heard something break the lock, then the door opened,
JJ whispered" Kai, Kai..." Then he saw me, he smiled," Hey, come on, we gotta go." I jumped off the bunk and my entire body was shaking, he sighed and smiled at me." Y'know how I said I had something to say. I'm sorry for how I changed up on you. I'm sorry." I hugged him, he hugged me back," Shit, dude, you're shaking like a freakin' maraca. I'm here now, you're safe." I grabbed his face and kissed him, he kissed back, then pulled away, smiling," Come on. Kie's waiting too!" He grabbed my bag and my hand and we took off, Kie gasped as she saw me,
She said" Shit, he looks dead."
" He's fine. Let's go."

Kie said" I never thought I was gonna make it out!"
I said" Thought I was stuck there!"
JJ said" You gotta have more faith in me."
Kie said" Mwah! This place can suck it!"
" Wilderness camp."
I said" Cuckoo cult!"

Kie said" Where are we going? Is it this way?"
JJ said" Yeah, yeah, right up here. This is where we're-"
" Why did you park so far?" We climbed up the embankment,
" Uh, kind of a long story, but, um, because there's only one road into Kitty Hawk. And with the camp and your mom knowing what the Twinkie looks like, I thought it'd be best to leave it as a decoy. There should be- That's a cop. Go. Cop! Cop! Cop! Cop!" We ran behind the bush and hid," That's what the decoy's for."
" So what, are we hitchhiking?"
" Not quite. We missed Ward's plane, but I got another plan. Come on, man. Where you at, dude?" I saw a car coming," Here he comes. Dude, come on! Hurry up, man, come on!"
Kie and I said" Who the hell is that?"
" Kiara, Kai, I want you to meet someone?"
" Is that Barracuda Mike?"
" Yup."
Mike said" Bus is waiting. All aboard."
" Mike, Kiara and Kai. Kiara, Kai, Barracuda Mike."
" Hop on in there."
" Let me get the seat."
" That bar's for your safety."
Kiara said" Nice to meet you."
JJ said" Plane's ready, right?" I got in then Kie got in,
Mike said" Plane is ready. It's been ready, dude. Let's go."
" Whoa! That's what I'm talking about. I get it done! I'm a hustler, baby!"

We got to the plane,
JJ said" Direct flight to South America on Barracuda Airlines. What more could you ask for?"
Kie said" Are you sure?"
" Either you got somewhere else to be?"
I said" Not anymore!"
" Me neither! Next stop, El Dorado. Let's go!"
Barracuda said" Come on, let's get the hell out of here. Go, go, go!" We walked on," Going down." I smiled,
JJ said" Let's go." We all laughed, JJ wrapped an arm around my shoulder, I dropped my head onto his shoulder.